Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

Well, I think I've finalized my order, at least cut it down to 2 or 3 items I've debated enough that I want.

Briarwood Vale
Qty: 1

Core Set

Storm Giant Queen

30th Anniversary Dragon

Chaarondar the Cruel

Blacktallow Lighthouse

Officially Licensed Pathfinder Chibi Goblins

Extra Ants!

Bloodclub Bugbears

Legendary Tales: The Egg of the Phoenix

Extra Wolf Pack

Orcs of the Ragged Wound

The Apprentice (Unpainted Version)

New MSP Colors

Brinewind Pirates #2

Extra Honeythorn Lancers

Extra Stirges Swarm
Qty: 2

Horror of the Slaughterwaller

Encounter: Lost Temple of the Deep Ones

Tbh, I'm not really feelin' the lighthouse as much as when I first put the funds for it, well other then the walrus, but I highly doubt the walrus is worth $30 by itself. I kinda wish I could take it out & use the funds elsewhere. Overall, there are items I didn't think I'd get but got anyways, like the Core Set & now (but not at the time) the new paints. Since I've gone in a different direction with the way I paint now. At least I'll have those if & when I want regular paints, I guess.

I think out of the remaining items, I think I'm debating the following:

Encounter: Lost Temple of the Deep Ones

Talons of Winterfall

The Denziens of the Dungeon

as my last things to pick up before the shut-off. Out of those 3, the Temple seems to be the one I get.

EDIT: I used my credit this afternoon. I went after the Temple of the Deep Ones. I think I'm probably 95% done with my pledge for this one.

• Like 7

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet got a credit due to I had already purchased "the Apprentice" model & Reaper has discounted that mini & felt it was the right thing to do was to credit existing purchases as well. 

Thank you Reaper!

That'll make it easier to remember, I need to spend it before the 31st now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

Sweet got a credit due to I had already purchased "the Apprentice" model & Reaper has discounted that mini & felt it was the right thing to do was to credit existing purchases as well. 

Thank you Reaper!

That'll make it easier to remember, I need to spend it before the 31st now.

i got the same thing. really wish they had given us the option to have it either refunded to the card used or maybe as a store credit on the main site. i have absolutely nothing left i want in bones 6.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Poleth1984 said:

i got the same thing. really wish they had given us the option to have it either refunded to the card used or maybe as a store credit on the main site. i have absolutely nothing left i want in bones 6.

I think Reaper is giving the option to use pledge credit towards shipping. I seen on Discord, but can't recall the exact details regarding that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, haldir said:

I think Reaper is giving the option to use pledge credit towards shipping. I seen on Discord, but can't recall the exact details regarding that.

Clarification on my statement:

They said shipping credit is fine for any unspent money, but if shipping is too expensive they'll also let you reduce your oder to a) reduce the weight and therefore cost and b) allow you to use the Pledge money toward shipping.  The only thing is that you won't get a refund if your remaining credit is more than shipping (not an issue with $10, but could be if you leave $100).

• Like 3

Looking at the pictures they posted of The Apprentice, it looks a bit smaller than I expected.  I guess they never announced a size initially, but I assumed the seated figure would be in a 28mm scale comparable to other Reaper miniatures.  She looks a bit small next to that handsome knight they included for scale, and that is certainly not a big dragon (and it looks smaller than the original render, compared to the seated woman).  I get that it is more a show piece than a gaming miniature, but I was fully planning on designing an adventure around it anyway.  I wonder if they reduced the size, and that is why they reduced the price.

I guess with the $10 credit I can get... MORE STIRGES!  Or maybe I will use that to cover most of the cost of the owlbears, a set that I'm not even excited about but for some reason I feel I have to have.

22721_3785f946-d547-46b0-9fea-3b5782485075.thumb.jpg.c0d1723420e03dacbe82b7cc38935894.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

She is seated, if you stretch her out, she a bit smaller then Sir Forscale, but he is in armor. You are probably right about the re-size or size when it comes to the credit. While I'm not going to get the pre-painted, kinda curious what that one will look like.

I'm not sure, do I apply the credit to Denizens or the Koa-Toa shrine, hmmmm. Probably the KT, as the Expansion boxes out of all the things that come in the KS, generally get a retail release. If not eh, oh well I miss the minis.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, haldir said:

She is seated, if you stretch her out, she a bit smaller then Sir Forscale, but he is in armor.

Yeah, I can see that she is seated.  Accounting for that, though, she looks to me to be a noticeably smaller scale, but it may just be hard to tell in the picture.  And since our noble knight of measurement already seems to be scaled a bit smaller than newer Reaper releases (scale creep continues!), I worry that she will be a lot smaller than other human minis.  I suppose I will see when she gets here; this vignette would be worth buying in any scale.

17 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm not sure, do I apply the credit to Denizens or the Koa-Toa shrine, hmmmm. Probably the KT, as the Expansion boxes out of all the things that come in the KS, generally get a retail release. If not eh, oh well I miss the minis.

I think you are right, that just about everything in Denizens will make it to retail.  But that set is probably my favorite one in the Kickstarter.  I like it so much I've been thinking about adding a second one to my order.  It's a better value than the Deep Ones too.  But the Deep Ones are hard to pass up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Yeah, I can see that she is seated.  Accounting for that, though, she looks to me to be a noticeably smaller scale, but it may just be hard to tell in the picture.  And since our noble knight of measurement already seems to be scaled a bit smaller than newer Reaper releases (scale creep continues!), I worry that she will be a lot smaller than other human minis.  I suppose I will see when she gets here; this vignette would be worth buying in any scale.

I think you are right, that just about everything in Denizens will make it to retail.  But that set is probably my favorite one in the Kickstarter.  I like it so much I've been thinking about adding a second one to my order.  It's a better value than the Deep Ones too.  But the Deep Ones are hard to pass up.

I have the privilege of having a 3d resin printer, so the big $50 dollar box sets aren't as appealing to me as they once were. So I have that going, plus I have all the other Kuo-Toa that Reaper has released. Always good to add more to that lot. Thou oddly, when my D&D group does the last "Rookery" adventure they'll encounter a village of KT & I went ahead & printed up a bunch I had & they are smaller then medium size & I kinda like the variation.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, I added up my B6 amount:

$457 dollars.

(minus shipping of course)

I do believe a little over half of what I spent in B5. I think it still is higher then my lowest Bones KS, that being B2, where I only went in for around 200 to 300.

I have to admit, that is allot more then I thought it'd be. That total amount may change before the 31st, but I'm about 80 to 90% sure that is what I'll end up with

• Like 4

Including tax, looks like I've spent $1063.56. Around the same what I spent on B5, but this time I feel like I'm getting everything, whereas for B5 I definitely left stuff on the table due to financial issues. This time, I'm significantly more comfortable and probably overspending from leftover FOMO, but hey, I'm having fun.

• Like 7

@haldirand @Goddesstio it's really helpful to know what y'all went with or at least your spend level. When I tell myself I need to pull back, I feel better knowing I am eclipsed by what you're buying. I got through a chunk of Bones 5, but still have a lot from B4.  I also am insanely jealous whenI know you actually get to use yours for table top games. I'm just a painter and have so many minis that sit, collect dust, and never get played with.  I truly need to find a place to offload these and make my area less cluttered and make room for the B6 to arrive.  

I went fairly sparce on this run with a Core Set, Denizens, 1 paint set (because I need more paint...), a few extras, and that's it.  I feel like I hardly went in on this one, but I'm trying to focus what I'm getting into how I can turn them into dioramas or multiple miniatures will be in the same painting session.  I just know I'm amped to get them and I'll need to set a plan on how to get through them.  

• Like 6

I went and totaled my orders, and they came out to $713.30.  I had no idea I spent that much, but I'm also not exactly surprised.  Since this is my first Bones Kickstarter I have nothing to compare it to, but I initially thought I would spend maybe two or three hundred.  Reaper, of course, had other plans for me.  I have no regrets.

• Like 5