Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

I have only seen a few things that I liked (like the ants, but not being "THEM" sized, even that interest is small), and a lot of the stuff they show, I have found in 3D already. 3D also allows resizing if needed. The tavern for example hasn't shown anything I don't already have access to, even the barmaid just shown is already something I have something similar to.

1131928550_TAVERNMAIDENscreenshot.thumb.png.1b66edd034f1c7230bff31891fb19d5e.png

• Like 5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The GG expansion is amazing thus far. I'll assume we'll get some sitting patrons(some sculpts were shown before the KS) in it, though i do want some more terrain pieces as well. I do like that the round tables and the chairs are the same as the B5 Brinewind Extras ones, so I can easily use them together. 😄But I'd love to see perhaps an actual bar, maybe some ornaments to hang on walls, ++. But definitely getting two copies of this expansion!

The SOS expansion is looking really good! I knew I was going to get whatever expansion had the crypt as soon as that was shown(before the KS), and the shrine/fountain is a really nice addition! I'm really excited to see what else is unlocked in this expansion, but I'm certainly hoping for more terrain! (The bone piles were a nice addition, and the necromancer looks sick!)

The BV expansion is starting out strong, IMO! Three redcaps and four sylphs, and they look great! I know people over at the forums were crying out for a fae expansion, and they're getting it! With only one reveal of it thus far, it's hard to imagine what the whole thing'll end up looking like, but again: Strong start! 😄

As for the Core Set, it's definitely increasing in appeal! The town guard, ants, and the witches' coven are all very nice additions that I'd like to have.

And finally, when it comes to the Options, there's not much yet. New paints are nice, so I'll probably grab those. I might get the gnolls. I'll probably not get the chibi stuff, though. As for the men at arms, I like the idea. And I think they look good. But I don't have any actual use for them, so they'll be far down the list of priorities for me.

• Like 8

Might have squealed around a bit when I saw that Fey expansion this morning. 😍

It's what I've always wanted since Bones IV but I figured the chances might be better this time with the 5e module.

Super excited about part 2-5 of this one.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Were there supposed to be some 3 stage mini's coming out similar to the old (ral partha?) metal ones from the 80's? I seem to remember talk of that one Reaper live!?

We think that the 3 stage minis are supposed to show up. They had shown a 3 stage barbarian during a Reaper Live show some time back. I'm guessing they would be more classes and they would be an option and very popular. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guyra said:

. I do like that the round tables and the chairs are the same as the B5 Brinewind Extras ones

Me too! The barrels are so good as well. Imo they're the perfect size and weight, and look amazing painted up. 

I never thought I'd love such a small extra so much.  I'm hoping for the other barrels too.

• Like 5

Currently the GG expansions doesn't call to me. Generally civilians do, but it seems to be more of a tavern set dressing than figures (will probably change later). Thought it does seem like a nice one for any dm that wants tavern terrain.

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Very cool.  I assume the Korreds and some others we've seen previewed will show up here.

67a10148f47b62866d078f18515894ce_original.jpg

I am hyperventilating here! Fae are finally here. And those sylphs look like a joy to paint with all the flowing fabrics. The redcaps look like evil goblins, so meh (but they do have some fun weapons)

• Like 9

I did cut up the goblins from Bones I and made Quicklings out of those. Those new Redcaps will fit nicely with those (and will probably be of better casting quality).

6 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

I am hyperventilating here!

Join the club! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Very cool.  I assume the Korreds and some others we've seen previewed will show up here.

67a10148f47b62866d078f18515894ce_original.jpg

This looks really promising. Can't wait to see what else comes with it. I love some fae!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Were there supposed to be some 3 stage mini's coming out similar to the old (ral partha?) metal ones from the 80's? I seem to remember talk of that one Reaper live!?

A little bit of topic but this just reminded me about that small detail.

image.png.3225ee69cfb3b00021332f732bae8d5d.png

That is not a coincidence in the Heroes of Dredmere fluff text, right? 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

As much as my budget will hate me for it, I'm on board for the core set, Brierwood fae, and the multipart men-at-arms, at least.  If nothing else interests me in the Kickstarter (fat chance!), I might be tempted to roll with the other two expansions revealed so far, but I really have a hard time justifying more tavern furniture and barkeepers - these are splendid examples, but, I have lots of that sort of thing already, and almost never use them, compared to other townfolk and dungeon dressing.  The barrels, as mentioned by someone above, are maybe one of the best bits in a set like this, not sure why, but that sort of thing is more likely to get some use from me - those barrels can turn up anywhere in a dungeon crawl.

I think I tend to go in more for the "sleeper hit" stuff, from an RPG dungeon-crawl angle - the stuff that doesn't look very flashy or dramatic on-screen, but ends up sticking with me after it delivers, and finds its way into the game more often than I would expect.  The core sets are always full of that quiet but useful stuff, and this core set is looking great so far.  The core set has lots of cool stuff I'm sure to find uses for - the swamp shambler and mudmen seem like they will go together nicely in a Dreadmere style setting, as do the witches.  I love seeing more gnomes and halflings, too, and the adventurers in general are great.  I'm not overwhelmed by one or two monsters, as can be expected from a grab-bag set like the core sets always are, but I don't really see anything to flip the tables in anger over in the core set - lots of useful stuff, bellyaching over zombies aside 🙂 I think Hugo the hound-dog from the Dreadmere characters is one of my favorite animal companion characters so far.  And of course, we can expect to see the core set get a lot more stuff added to it before the Kickstarter end, with the value of the price-per-mini improving with each new group of figures added.

I like the multipart men-at-arms, though I can't help feeling like these multipart figures might get their best use as filler for other sets.  The zombie filler for the core set is OK for what it is, but multipart zombies, for example, might have ended up being better-appreciated over the longer haul.  As a separate add-on, the men-at-arms set seems a bit weird to me, but I'll definitely grab them as an extra, I'm sure I'll find lots of uses for these figures and the leftover bits!

For the expansions, I'm most excited so far about the fae set - arguably the redcaps are "just goblins" and I've got plenty of goblins, but the redcaps do have a lot of great character, so I don't mind.  The sylphs look fantastic.  I can't wait to see what the other four parts of this set look like.

I for one always enjoy the request-spam - sure, where there are dedicated topics for it, the request-spam should be concentrated there, but I always enjoy seeing the enthusiasm and excitement that Reaper's fans have for requesting their favorite models get remade, refreshed, or expanded on in Bones, or for requesting those missing niches in their mini collections, and so on, and especially the imagination and creativity that goes into requesting things that nobody has ever done before.  Then, there are those little things that start out as an odd request, and then somehow build unexpected momentum with the fans - the balding rogue and other fan favorites, for example, or weird in-jokes like the Dire Cabbage.  The request-spam puts a smile on my face, in spite of myself.

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 6

Soo this is doing Ok for me so far but hearing they will not part out the core set really sets back my thoughts on this as I am going to have to see much more value out of this to even think about the whole core set.  As it is this is mostly retreads of already released bones figures and many Generic pieces along with some great bones figures that I have had in metal for quite a while.  I like what the core set has but so far it lacks that IT figure that puts people on the fence from jumping over into buy. I really do hope this does not hurt how far this Kickstarter goes.  I really want to see the Dragons, and other cool stuff I am just a sucker to buy.

• Like 2

I'd wait and see about the Coreset break up. If I remember correctly, last time they also said "we're not breaking up the Core Set" and everyone was unhappy and just before the end it did get chopped apart. Not saying it's gonna happen for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

• Like 4