Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

Initially, I was very tempted to add the paints to my pledge.  But then I thought about how much paints have evolved since I started with the old Reaper Pro paints and how many changes there have been to the Reaper paint lines in just the last few years.  I have second thoughts about buying paints with an estimated delivery date two years in the future since there may be even more changes. 

Reaper and others could be adding new paint lines which I might prefer within those two years.  So I will likely pass on the paints

• Like 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, AlonTey said:

Okay, compromise!  Let’s drop some of those zombies I already have (and who are available from many, many sources) and get a proper core set swarm of a uniquely Reaper offering going with sixteen ants instead!

Who is to say that we wouldn't get 16 ants as our bonus figures in Bones 7? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

So after day one my wallet isn't too threatened. I'll be in for the Core set, but I would have been regardless. But the rest of the offerings aren't really speaking to me... yet. I've already got a tavern made from models from a half dozen other companies. And I've got tons of skeletons, grave markers, and mausoleum pieces. So I'm pretty good there. That's not to say there won't be some sort of figure added to them that makes me reconsider. But fairly safe so far. And if they decide not to break up the core set that will definitely impact how much I'm spending. I'm not going to buy ten core sets for an ant swarm. But, like a lot of others, I certainly would buy ten sets of ants. 

That Brightvale expansion though, It's still early, but if that's more or less a fey expansion it's almost certainly getting picked up. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Looter said:

Soo this is doing Ok for me so far but hearing they will not part out the core set really sets back my thoughts on this as I am going to have to see much more value out of this to even think about the whole core set.  As it is this is mostly retreads of already released bones figures and many Generic pieces along with some great bones figures that I have had in metal for quite a while.  I like what the core set has but so far it lacks that IT figure that puts people on the fence from jumping over into buy. I really do hope this does not hurt how far this Kickstarter goes.  I really want to see the Dragons, and other cool stuff I am just a sucker to buy.

Well, we're not even 24 hours into a 30 day campaign, so I hope it gets more interesting.  The Core Set is going to be a great value for hard core gamers and newbies who didn't get in on the first few.  They are certain to add to it as the month passes.  I'm waiting to see what big models we get, and if they do any more encounter sets. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

So after day one my wallet isn't too threatened. I'll be in for the Core set, but I would have been regardless. But the rest of the offerings aren't really speaking to me... yet. I've already got a tavern made from models from a half dozen other companies. And I've got tons of skeletons, grave markers, and mausoleum pieces. So I'm pretty good there. That's not to say there won't be some sort of figure added to them that makes me reconsider. But fairly safe so far. And if they decide not to break up the core set that will definitely impact how much I'm spending. I'm not going to buy ten core sets for an ant swarm. But, like a lot of others, I certainly would buy ten sets of ants. 

That Brightvale expansion though, It's still early, but if that's more or less a fey expansion it's almost certainly getting picked up. 

These are my feelings exactly. I can feel the fae calling me, but not yet. Not quite yet.

• Like 4

I've  pledged for a core set. Whether I get it or not remains to be seen, but I'm sure they'll come up with 120 odd dollars worth of stuff I'll want in any case.

Probably more.

Much more. 

• Like 7

My list so far:

Gnolls

Chibis

Tentative

Undead expansion: High chance it becomes yes when it fully reveals.

Far expansion: maybe? I know nothing about the feywild.

My wallet is safe so far and my SO won't be mad just yet. ^.^

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nunae said:

I'd wait and see about the Coreset break up. If I remember correctly, last time they also said "we're not breaking up the Core Set" and everyone was unhappy and just before the end it did get chopped apart. Not saying it's gonna happen for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Good point - I'd forgotten about that.  I usually get the core set, but I like being able to some extras of some of the minis in the core. 

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Anywone else confused at first about the nightmare's left wing looking like a unicorn horn in the render.  Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Nope, I had the same confusion at first, too. 

44 minutes ago, ferret said:

Reaper and others could be adding new paint lines which I might prefer within those two years.  So I will likely pass on the paints

B5 was the first time I got the paints, but they were literally the last thing I added a couple of days before the pledge manager closed. 

i will probably assess the paint situation right before the B6 pledge manager closes to see if I want them. 

• Like 4