Chaoswolf

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MoonKing said:

7881a57a161b670aecee39a1cb794a64_original.jpg

I love those orcs. I never really liked the Games Workshop esthetic for them. But these are pretty much perfect. I was torn till last moment for Dungeon Dwellers expansion last time as I really wanted the orcs from that pack. Finally could not justify spending $50 to get them though. So pretty happy about having them as add on this time round.

Hopefully the ones from Bones 5 will get released soon as they would bump up the orc tribe with different design to 10  11 minis. 👌

Edited by Minsky07
miscount
  • Like 4

I think that whether you've already got a vast collection of the metal versions of these figures probably determines how excited you are about the last Kickstarter or two - I don't have very many metal minis, and most of those I do have are old Grenadier and Ral Partha figures from the '80s, so all the Bones "retreads" are new to me, and I'm pretty excited about most of them.

I always get the core set - it's too good a bargain to pass on, and I always find most of the stuff in the core set interesting, useful, and exciting.  However, I'll probably also be a little bit down if the core set doesn't get broken up at the end, because there's always a few things in the core sets that I'm willing to get a few extras of!  It wouldn't be as big a disappointment for me as no Chronoscope expansion, though.

I hadn't thought of the nightmare's wing being a horn - I saw it as a wing immediately and never gave it a second thought - but now that someone's said it, it's hard to un-see 😄   Looks like a great sculpt, and I'm glad to see it in the core set!  I have a feeling it would have been a very popular add-on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

It wouldn't be as big a disappointment for me as no Chronoscope expansion, though.

I want Chronoscope, but I really don't want a Chronoscope Expansion.  They've been too unfocused in the past. 

Give us some Chronoscope Encounter sets, similar to the B5 encounters. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Anyone know if there are plans to stream on twitch today like they did yesterday? 

My understanding was that the plan was to stream an update from 4-5cst today?

• Like 3

Kwindy had this to say on Discord:

Kwindylarue, Mrs. Buglips 🖤💀🖤 — Today at 9:03 AM

Planned for right after Reaperland this afternoon. Reaperland is on at 3pm central, and Bones 6 stream at 4pm central

• Like 4

Really hope the ants get added as an option.  Any encounter I could use them in would require at least twice as many.  I know the issue with splitting the core is a logistics one, but perhaps it would be worthwhile to split highly demanded items?  Wouldn't be as much work as splitting the whole thing, plus would incentivize people to go in on the core for the more unique solo characters that don't get split off.  I would have got several of the blights last time but they were paired with other minis I didn't want multiples of.

My current feelings on the offerings.

Spoiler

Core - Getting better as we go - I'm enjoying some of the weirder things like the Shambler, Rat Catcher, Dragon-cat, gnomes, skeletal houndmaster, nightmare, ants, mudmen, etc.  Plus a few additions to previous offerings like the town guard, and more pirates.  Would have likely got this anyways, it's the best value and there's always neat offerings.

Green Griffon - eh.  I'll probably pass.  I'm not huge on terrain or scatter bits.  I never paint them, and rarely use them.  I like some of the characters, but I'll probably wait and hope to get them in retail.  As a DM I don't like to proxy everything so my $50 is better spent on another set.

Shadows of Sullenhall - I'll have to wait and see.  I am more excited about this than GG, but I already have tons of undead.  These sculpts are great though, and I do like the terrain here.  But I still have the Graveyard Expansion boxed and unpainted on my shelf.  This one will depend on unique additions near the end, hopefully not more skeletons.

Briarwood Vale - Yep. Sold.  I'm in.  Been clambering for fae.  I don't currently have a use for them, but I would make a use.  These sculpts are already looking fresh and whimsical and look like a joy to paint.  I don't mind the goblin-y red caps.  And the Sylphs should be a great experiment in painting seasonal colors.  I can't wait to see what else they add to this one.

Options - I'll probably end up with the Painter's Pick.  I only have 2 or 3 of the colors already.  Love the gnolls, I'm definitely in on those.  I'll skip the men-at-arms and the chibis.  I have so many orcs already, but I really love this style they've been doing with the Dungeon Dwellers orcs.  Will likely get these to match.  Plus I've always regretted painting my orcs green, so here's a chance to replace them all with a better paintjob.

• Like 8

I'm pledged for what I hope to spend, however, I'm not really there yet, in terms of buy-in. Love me some Reaper Bones, and hope everything turns out amazing (I suspect it will), but right now I only "for-sure" need $68 of the $400 I hope to spend (I can go more, if necessary, but that's what I have budgeted as a target). Right now, it's Sullenhall and paints for sure.

I strongly suspect I get the core also (the orcs are definitely helping), and if it comes down to it, I'll probably get the man at arms kits also. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I want Chronoscope, but I really don't want a Chronoscope Expansion.  They've been too unfocused in the past. 

Give us some Chronoscope Encounter sets, similar to the B5 encounters. 

I went into this in depth a little while ago,  but basically,  I absolutely agree; I'm hoping to see either encounters, or some groups of 4 or 5 ( related )Chronoscope figures as optional add ons.

• Like 6

I have plenty of miniatures to paint already. I am waiting for some more terrain, and specifically the Lighthouse.

I hope to get a good idea of how much I will spend before I pledge.

buckyball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buckyball said:

I have plenty of miniatures to paint already. I am waiting for some more terrain, and specifically the Lighthouse.

I hope to get a good idea of how much I will spend before I pledge.

buckyball

There's not going to be a lighthouse and Ed is getting tired of the joke. 

They've also said there won't be anything as large as the ship this time.  

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Anyone know if there are plans to stream on twitch today like they did yesterday? 

53 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

My understanding was that the plan was to stream an update from 4-5cst today?

47 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Kwindy had this to say on Discord:

The plan is to stream EVERY WEEKDAY at 4pm central for the remainder of the campaign. There could be some days where that gets pushed around by other afternoon streams or we may have to cancel on particular days for various reasons, but that is the current plan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2