Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ideal, but maybe break the core set and allow extras to be added only for those who select a core set? That way they arent risking people not getting a core set because they can just buy the parts they want?

Right now only the ants seem like something I would want more of, but maybe teh gnomes, the Mudmen and the rageclaw wolf guy... actually definitely the Rageclaw guy. I could use a war party of him to harass my players. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

I'm pledged for what I hope to spend, however, I'm not really there yet, in terms of buy-in. Love me some Reaper Bones, and hope everything turns out amazing (I suspect it will), but right now I only "for-sure" need $68 of the $400 I hope to spend (I can go more, if necessary, but that's what I have budgeted as a target). Right now, it's Sullenhall and paints for sure.

I strongly suspect I get the core also (the orcs are definitely helping), and if it comes down to it, I'll probably get the man at arms kits also. 

I thought the orcs were a separate option and not core?

51 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

I'm pledged for what I hope to spend, however, I'm not really there yet, in terms of buy-in. Love me some Reaper Bones, and hope everything turns out amazing (I suspect it will), but right now I only "for-sure" need $68 of the $400 I hope to spend (I can go more, if necessary, but that's what I have budgeted as a target). Right now, it's Sullenhall and paints for sure.

I strongly suspect I get the core also (the orcs are definitely helping), and if it comes down to it, I'll probably get the man at arms kits also. 

I thought the orcs were a separate option and not core?

• Like 1

I'm still debating core set; the nightmare is a good start to tipping the balance towards getting it. A lot of the rest is very meh, but.. there's starting to be more that I want and can use.

Definitely thinking I need the fey expansion, though; I'll know better as it expands, but.. just on those sylphs! Wow!

Two days in is, at least for me, too early to set anything in stone though. I'm waiting for those dragons - I have a mighty need! - and to see what else shakes out of the tavern and Sullenhall expansions, and what encounters and options get added to the table. 

I might not get Sullenhall; I've already got a lot of mixed undead, and we don't really use them much. As tempting as the terrain is, I'm really waiting to see the rest.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Nunae said:

The Fae (Part 1) are unlocked :bday: 

Next up: Familiars. Always cute, always important and the existing ones aren't as great as they could be.

I too, fully support more familiars, but I'm a completionist that has to have  a mini for every entry in the Monster Manual. The familiars fill soooo many of the holes in my collection

• Like 3

my lack of enthusiasm in this kickstarter is mainly down to:

1. i have TONS of the minis being offered. We dont' need more. We have so many baddies, orcs, goblins, adventurers, NPCs, etc etc etc that we cannot justify MORE that we arent going to use

2. Most of my bones 5 small humanoid minis are not painted yet, because...well, i just dont' care about them. 

3. we haven't played in-person DnD games to actually use miniatures in over 2 years, since the pandemic started

4. i haven't been able to go to reapearcon since the pandemic started, so my desire to paint competitively and thus get more miniatures for that has sunk like a rock in a deep lake too

5. A LOT of the minis being offered are already in metal. I have them in metal. i don't need duplicates in bones

so...i'm just struggling to find the interest in the majority of what's being offered. but i get i'm not Reaper's target audience anymore

hopefully we get something big soon that i can be excited about. right now i'm still in for the base $10 option pledge

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Ed just stated that the Pathfinder Chibis are the only Pathfinder mini’s we’ll see in this campaign. 🙄

Too bad.  We never got the old Crocodile Games Ogres, which are some of my favorite ogres, in Bones material.

OTOH I can't blame Reaper.  Why compete with Wizkids Pathfinder minis for Paizo when you should've have to or something along those lines.  I can't blame Paizo either mind yo uas there were a LOT of Pathfinder minis I don't think we would've gotten from Reaper.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

I too, fully support more familiars, but I'm a completionist that has to have  a mini for every entry in the Monster Manual. The familiars fill soooo many of the holes in my collection

yes, yes more familiars. more food for my monsters...

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

so...i'm just struggling to find the interest in the majority of what's being offered. but i get i'm not Reaper's target audience anymore

i think of this as D&D overall.  anyone can play any edition they want if they already has a group.   but i still think there will be some crazy stuff coming.

i still need a titan and an astral dreadnought... and you remember my mantra from Bones 5.  Bigger!!! its nice but needs to be bigger 😛

sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 2