Jump to content

Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary


Chaoswolf

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

Too bad.  We never got the old Crocodile Games Ogres, which are some of my favorite ogres, in Bones material.

 

OTOH I can't blame Reaper.  Why compete with Wizkids Pathfinder minis for Paizo when you should've have to or something along those lines.  I can't blame Paizo either mind yo uas there were a LOT of Pathfinder minis I don't think we would've gotten from Reaper.

In the Live/opening thing for the kickstarter yesterday they did say there are plans for more pathfinder (including the iconics for pathfinder 2) in bones... just not for this kickstarter. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I'm okay with the core.

 

I like the smaller add ons.

 

I do not like the add ons at the $50 point price range being broken up into FIVE stages and having multiple ones offered when the first once hasn't been fully revealed yet.  I know some are going to go "Well, it will be!"  and yeah, at that point I'll decide if I want any of them because without seeing all five reveals I'm not pledging for any of them.

 

So for now it's the core and the smaller ones.  I love the orcs as they remind me of Angus McBride's version of them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see them going a Bones USA way with the Pathfinder miniatures or otherwise release them independently of a Kickstarter. The release of the Pathfinder paints was quite the event and got a lot of promo on Twitch and the likes as well. 

 

But back to topic, can't wait for them to get back from lunch and show us some Familiars. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

so...i'm just struggling to find the interest in the majority of what's being offered. but i get i'm not Reaper's target audience anymore

 

hopefully we get something big soon that i can be excited about. right now i'm still in for the base $10 option pledge

 

 

Agree with you on all points. I did go to Reapercon, but I don't paint competitively.   I'm still trying to paint B4 and 5, (and the others) as I can find interest.  

 

It's only day 2 out of 30, so I'm containing my disappointment and remembering that last time they waited until the end to show off the good stuff.  Hoping we see some chronoscope add-ons: more IMEF, retro sci-fi, Rach or Malvernis soldiers.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I like the Orcs, $14 for 6 is a price that makes me pause. Not say no outright, but pause for sure.  it is roughly $2.33 per figure.  The current Bones Orcs available on the website are $3.99.  Yes, these are still cheaper, and better quality than the Original Bones ones I'm sure... but just not the usual Kickstarter deal I expect for humanoid figures...

Has the Core Sets spoiled me to what a individual figure should cost? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

In the Live/opening thing for the kickstarter yesterday they did say there are plans for more pathfinder (including the iconics for pathfinder 2) in bones... just not for this kickstarter. 

 

Seeing is believing.  Still waiting for the black dragon from the beginner's boxed set.

7 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

image.thumb.jpeg.93a93d121d0f5aa47e5c27122f878ab9.jpeg
 

Probably an accident that they revealed so much. 
 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.06e8e7e8686b65e94c3bf88c3547a1eb.jpeg
 

Just showed these on stream (should be the ghosts from Sullenhall)

 

F8EBCFBF-681C-4A66-84BA-71654C979BA6.thumb.jpeg.3cfdf90c5a79f4a417bea17aa66f09d5.jpeg

IMO this is better.  I want to SEE what's in the set.  Again I think 3 stages of revweals would've been better.

 

And I see that skeleton is a giant.  Good call on all those who thought so.

 

I know I'm going to be in for the undead if it all unlocks.  Maybe the Green Griffin too but it's up in the air.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

image.thumb.jpeg.93a93d121d0f5aa47e5c27122f878ab9.jpeg
 

Probably an accident that they revealed so much. 
 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.06e8e7e8686b65e94c3bf88c3547a1eb.jpeg
 

Just showed these on stream (should be the ghosts from Sullenhall)

 

F8EBCFBF-681C-4A66-84BA-71654C979BA6.thumb.jpeg.3cfdf90c5a79f4a417bea17aa66f09d5.jpeg

OK now I'm in for the undead. And tempted by the tavern.... and... and.... I am...so...weak..... so.... weak....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

As much as I like the Orcs, $14 for 6 is a price that makes me pause. Not say no outright, but pause for sure.  it is roughly $2.33 per figure.  The current Bones Orcs available on the website are $3.99.  Yes, these are still cheaper, and better quality than the Original Bones ones I'm sure... but just not the usual Kickstarter deal I expect for humanoid figures...

Has the Core Sets spoiled me to what a individual figure should cost? 

Me too. I can't help but wonder and hope that those sets might grow over time. The blurb mentions something about wolves...

Just as I hope the toil and trouble set might grow to include more parts.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...