Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

Justin sounded REALLY annoyed there for a minute, but then was like oh well. Could be either way

But also the accidental reveals only go up to about the 1mil mark based on the maps, so not sure how much it will impact. The full expansion reveals were a deliberate Ed choice, so who knows. we still have two big question mark expansions plus add ons, so I'm hoping it doesn't slow down much.

• Like 7

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Goddesstio said:

image.png.ec005347fa83d1f739f309c77c1924d0.pngimage.thumb.png.7bd7ba3d9f83154ba741b8be95e5a6ed.png

1 - that werebear is awesomesauce with a side of furry Celtosity. 

2 - y'know, more Sophies in Bones is not strengthening my resolve about the Core set...

3 - okay, so "mongrelfolk" is a name that has some super-creepy undertones to it (not Reaper's fault, just sayin...) but these are kind of brilliant. I sort of want to cut down the blades and give them laser pistols and stuff, for sort of Warriors of the Wasteland post-apocalyptic style mutant warriors - like something you'd run into in Rock&Rule, or Wizards, or something. 

(in similar fashion, I think the Murder Hornet is going to end up with some cyberlinked missile launchers on its shoulders, or something)

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

So unusual for them to do this.  I'm wondering if showing so much up front is going to hurt pledge momentum down the line...

Unless they've got some really super-cool-knock your socks off-crazy-awesome stuff towards the end that they're waiting to hit us with.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Your unpainted miniatures are crying out to you ! 😀

Crying that they want bee friends? 😄

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Unless they've got some really super-cool-knock your socks off-crazy-awesome stuff towards the end that they're waiting to hit us with.

Looks like Hakir, which is the egyptiam stuff everyone seems to have been asking about, is the last (known) expansion, so maybe that will help? I know I am dying to see it.

Also, they still have both the giant dragons that aren't even on the map yet

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I wonder if all these 'accidental' previews are really all that accidental.

No, they decided during the afternoon stream to go ahead and show some of the later expansions, to get people more interested. 

28 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nah, they've never done that before. 

I'm loving the bee folk and murder hornet. Nice to see those at last.  The new mushroom queen is sweet.  I predict the Fey expansion will be a best seller. 

• Like 9

Full expansion reveals - deliberate or not - would address one of the top three or four most common gripes I keep seeing in the comments, especially from the more jaded backers:

• "I won't back this at all unless I can see it all right MEOW!"  Accompanied by....
  • "Got no time for small stuff!  This should all be big stuff - bigger!  BIGGER!  BIGGER!!!!"
  • "Boring!  Boring!  Boring!  Boring!  Boring!  I'm just here to tell you I don't like anything, because it's boring!"
  • "Shipping to ROW is FAIL!"

I feel for the would-be ROW backers, but I don't see any way Reaper can possibly win there, all things considered.

As for the rest, Reaper really needs to finally launch that Kickstarter for that life-sized Bones gargantuan dragon they insist they aren't making, and get it over with - they know they want to!  (NOTE:  Shipping it to anywhere in the world is NOT Reaper's responsibility, so you're on your own there  😛 )

I for one am totally fine getting the five-part options teased a little at a time, but I sure ain't complaining about seeing the full sets.  I'm suddenly finding it hard to resist the undead and Green Griffin expansions, and if I wasn't completely sold on the Brierwood Veil fey before, I am now - that really is a beautiful set, bravo to the sculptors and artists who designed it!  🙂

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 10

Soooo, since we now know what's in the Briarwood Expansion, I'd love to see a horse with butterfly wings (it is drawn right there and it is beautiful!). Or a sprue of butterfly wings to fey-ify everything.

• Like 4

Part of me is excited to see so much so soon.  Part of me is bummed that there's not a little preview reward every unlock.  

Also now that I can see the full sets I'll have to let them marinate.  Still think I might pass on GG and on the fence with Sullenhall.  It would be a no-brainer if I didn't already have more unpainted undead than I know what to do with.  Was hoping for some more unusual designs.

And that Fey expansion had me from the start.

• Like 5

There's definitely a lot of cool stuff coming. I don't mind the older 1 reveal at a time method, but I also like seeing what's what; It gives me more time to think and consider.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Overall I'm okay with the core.

I like the smaller add ons.

I do not like the add ons at the $50 point price range being broken up into FIVE stages and having multiple ones offered when the first once hasn't been fully revealed yet.  I know some are going to go "Well, it will be!"  and yeah, at that point I'll decide if I want any of them because without seeing all five reveals I'm not pledging for any of them.

So for now it's the core and the smaller ones.  I love the orcs as they remind me of Angus McBride's version of them.

3 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

IMO this is better.  I want to SEE what's in the set.  Again I think 3 stages of revweals would've been better.

So multiple expansions, not fully revealed is how's its been done 2-5,  but only 3 parts. Nobody commented before the reveals, but I figured I'd just mention that in case anyone was feeling nervous. I think there was some stuff that got nudged at the end with Bones 2 or 3,  but I can't remember any that didn't fully unlock otherwise.

12 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

So that was a giant skeleton!

Still haven't pledged yet, there's stuff I really like but it's spread all over the place.

How I feel too. Pretty much only want the kored from the fae set, but I'll wait until I'm not on my phone and can see the reveals. Only want seated patrons from the inn, but that's because I have everything else.

I'm intrigued by the Sokar tease, but so far if anything it'll be the shadows set, but not really needing skeletons.  Pretty much the only tiefling I've liked has been the paladin from last fan favorites set, but I oopsed that one. Sad these ones aren't calling to me. I definitely have moved past a need to buy, but the minis are cool, and the value is definitely there for those that don't have as many minis as me.

Maybe there'll be some encounters and I'll really like them.

One thing that would be good to clarify is if 10$ is the minimum for pledge manager access.

• Like 5