Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

Speaking of riding bees, Derek's bee rider would be a excellent choice for Bones. I've yet to get a leg(s) piece that doesn't have a weak joint in it.

03680_w_1.jpg

& this is with finding the figure at Reaper, picking up multiple leg pieces & each one has snapped on me. It's always a back leg segment. Great figure, otherwise. It would make for nice addition to the fey expansion...nudge, nudge, nudge. 🙂

Oh, that one would be great to get! So cool! 😄 

• Like 5

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some people unintentionally spreading confusion about the size of the new(and the old) Fungal Queen, so I figured I'd just ask in the KS comments, and Ron replied. Seems some people thought the old one was 28mm tall(but that's just the scale), while others thought the 54mm for the new one was scale(while it's the actual height). But they're just roughly the same size:

image.png.a42a9fc83b63ecfb1be1820722d903b6.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, Guyra said:

Though another great source for sitting patrons is the Dunkeldorf line, from Denmark. Metal minis! They've got about a dozen sitting patrons, all very unique and different from each other. Mainly humans though(though there is a nice halfling with hairy feet), but the range is great!

dunkeldorf-sitting-patrons.jpg.e99635e10287d4445c9bd69247e3b0f7.jpg

I like your ideas a lot, and second your recommendation of the Dunkledorf minis for tavern dwellers. They have a bunch of seated characters, drunks, pets, furniture and food accessories. They are very dynamic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I backed the Sitting Folks Kickstarter by Tiny Furniture. They are still taking late backers. They designed different sets of 4 minis, like 4 seated elves, 4 sitting orcs, and 4halflings plus many more sets. ( the included photo is still waiting for a 4th elf and they asked backers for ideas.)

ca5bf7a366057adfe858f77ba51561e8_original.png

• Like 11

As kind as the makers of Tiny Furniture are, there are some troubles with getting things from them right now due to geographic location. I won't go into more detail than that here. I'd be glad for the Green Griffin to have similar options for sitting tavern people.

I like the idea of bee-riders. Bees are great.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

As kind as the makers of Tiny Furniture are, there are some troubles with getting things from them right now due to geographic location. I won't go into more detail than that here. I'd be glad for the Green Griffin to have similar options for sitting tavern people.

I like the idea of bee-riders. Bees are great.

Let's go one step further: Mad Max bee-riders!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

+1 for bee riders.  Although…if those riders could be easily removable and the bees could be without saddles that would bee even better.  Moving to the South has given me a powerful need to attack my players with murder insects.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Jeronimus said:

The "Shadows of Sullenhall" expansion feels kind of weird to me right now.

I'm like, surely if I wanted those kinds of figures, I'd just get Cursed City and get them with more character, with more details, and a game to go with it?

True... though at a higher price (3 x the price ?). But I missed out on Cursed City the first time, and am contemplating buying it now that its coming back. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jeronimus said:

The "Shadows of Sullenhall" expansion feels kind of weird to me right now.

I'm like, surely if I wanted those kinds of figures, I'd just get Cursed City and get them with more character, with more details, and a game to go with it?

For 4x the price, if you can find it anywhere.

Right now Sullenhall is my favorite thing in the whole KS. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
Stupid autocorrupt
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, ksbsnowowl said:

For 4x the price, if you can find it anywhere.

Fight now Sullenhall is my favorite thing in the whole KS. 

You should be able to find it soon as they are reprinting on demand, and announced that it will be regularly available again later this year at the original price. Still not really comparable to a $50 bones expansion though.

• Like 5

I looked up Cursed City (at ageofsigmar.com) and hit the order button.  Goes to a page that says Error 404.  Maybe you can find a copy on ebay?  Anyway, if it is about 3x the price, that is a different category of product.  The pictures of the painted minis looked very nice, though.

• Like 4