Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

These big Kickstarter events are fun, but perhaps in a way, they're getting outgrown for Reaper? Not necessarily using Kickstarter in general, but doing the massive blocks all at a time.

If they had sequences of smaller ones to get new molds made, perhaps it could be good in the future? My guess would be that logistics on that would be tougher on shipping, since they wouldn't have one BIG bulk order to get across the ocean, they'd end up with smaller and possibly less efficient ones to ship. If that isn't prohibitive, maybe more selective small campaigns could help as a new format.

Do a small sci-fi one for the crowd that wants Chronoscope. A "Dungeon Master's Delight" pack with mostly generic monsters. A "Fairytale Adventure" with fae and some encounter packs.

<shrug> just trying to brainstorm some ideas now.

• Like 14

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Maybe lean into the 5E character minis that fit their non standard races.. Genasi, firbolg, faun, etc..  

Yah this I can see being a very useful promotion. While I like Wizkid's Unpainted lines, just how many dragonborn martial classes in full robust armor, do we really need? How about a dragonborn druid, or rogue or gasp! bard in the line up. My Saturday game one of my players is a tiefling bard. Ok, cool concept, I've played on myself. He sent me the concept art he drew (being a freelancer artist in all, it was pretty damn good) & his bard has that "little sexy/snap" to her + she is playing a violin. There is just 2 female tiefling bards in the Nolzur's lineup & I'm sure there are in Reaper (I'll just use the 2 biggest physical rpg mini makers for this). None of them are playing a violin, it's all lute or mandolin (ie the stereotypical bard instruments). Luckily I was able to find a pretty nice stl file on myminifactory that my player really loves. He even offer to pay for the file & the physical print for it. I told him, don't worry about it. I bought the file cause of the head options, as one of those will be pregen mini for myself.

Just a long way of saying, not everyone plays a dwarf fighter, or elf wizard or halfling rogue or in this case, a dragonborn fighter. We need variety!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yah this I can see being a very useful promotion. While I like Wizkid's Unpainted lines, just how many dragonborn martial classes in full robust armor, do we really need? How about a dragonborn druid, or rogue or gasp! bard in the line up. My Saturday game one of my players is a tiefling bard. Ok, cool concept, I've played on myself. He sent me the concept art he drew (being a freelancer artist in all, it was pretty damn good) & his bard has that "little sexy/snap" to her + she is playing a violin. There is just 2 female tiefling bards in the Nolzur's lineup & I'm sure there are in Reaper (I'll just use the 2 biggest physical rpg mini makers for this). None of them are playing a violin, it's all lute or mandolin (ie the stereotypical bard instruments). Luckily I was able to find a pretty nice stl file on myminifactory that my player really loves. He even offer to pay for the file & the physical print for it. I told him, don't worry about it. I bought the file cause of the head options, as one of those will be pregen mini for myself.

Just a long way of saying, not everyone plays a dwarf fighter, or elf wizard or halfling rogue or in this case, a dragonborn fighter. We need variety!

Couldn't agree more.  Even in the "basic" races, we need uncommon class/race combos. Halfling Barbarian, Gnome knights, Dwarven mages, etc. ("Gnome knights" rolls off the tongue really well, too...)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

These big Kickstarter events are fun, but perhaps in a way, they're getting outgrown for Reaper? Not necessarily using Kickstarter in general, but doing the massive blocks all at a time.

If they had sequences of smaller ones to get new molds made, perhaps it could be good in the future? My guess would be that logistics on that would be tougher on shipping, since they wouldn't have one BIG bulk order to get across the ocean, they'd end up with smaller and possibly less efficient ones to ship. If that isn't prohibitive, maybe more selective small campaigns could help as a new format.

Do a small sci-fi one for the crowd that wants Chronoscope. A "Dungeon Master's Delight" pack with mostly generic monsters. A "Fairytale Adventure" with fae and some encounter packs.

<shrug> just trying to brainstorm some ideas now.

Yea. I don't know Reaper's business model, how much they rely on KS cash infusion , how shipping costs impact it all and whether the disruption during fulfillment would be reduced.... BUT....

I do like the concept of smaller campaign. Maybe a bones USA campaign with limited scope but a much quicker turnaround? For me the models and pricing in Bones 6 are GREAT.. its that 2024 delivery date that caused me to pause (yes Its not my 1st rodeo and I am aware of what happened in Bones 1-5).

Id like to see other cultures; Meso american, African, South Asian and East Asian ( yea Dino samurai didnt do it for me) plus they can do an occasional  fan favorites to keep the most wanted lists to a minimum

As a customer, Id prefer this type of campaign, but to be honest Ill buy everything in bones 6 regardless and 7 and 8 and 10 ... not 9 I'm really looking forward to boycotting 9

in other word +1

• Like 10

• Members
51 minutes ago, haldir said:

Can we get some rangers without bows and some mages without a staff or more with spell effects in their hands.. 

The current set of Dragonborn covers a lot of the male classes, and I agree on the bard instruments and female variants.. 

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, corbie said:

Extremely with you there.

Any chance of getting an Izzy art infusion?

I would not be at all adverse to more of my namesake's* art appearing in this KS.

Is it time for another Artbook? 

*(or am I her namesake? I don't knowwww... 😄)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

So from a price point... I think the reaper multi-part guys are kind of expensive. 

The 6 multipart figures for $14. Not a horrible price, but if we compare to other places.

Frost Grave wizards 2. 8 multi-part figures for $22 so 3 sets (24 figures) is $66. 4 sets of reaper (24 figures) is $56...

Fireforge Northmen. 12 Multipart for $24. 2 sets of reaper (12 figures) is $28

GW Greatswords 10 multipart for $50. 3 sets (30 figures) is $150... 5 sets of reaper (30 figures) are $70...

So other than GW, the Reaper guys are more expensive... or close to the same price but with far less options. 

Oh let me tell you somethin...

Wizkids Frameworks miniatures beats all of those even GW in being the most expensive.  Its kind of sad
1 set of 5 multi-part kobolds  $50
1 set of 1 multi-part hero  $15

1 set of 1 huge size multi-part Balor  $100

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Magnus Brickson said:

Imma paint him like the DOOM enemy he kinda looks like.

Edit: This guy: https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/cacodemon.jpg

Sadly, I realized several years after I'd traded it off that I once had the actual DOOM cacodemon miniature that Reaper produced back in the day...  :down:

I've never actually played DOOM, so I had no idea what it was at the time.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3