Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary

Chaoswolf

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so behind. Just p60 now but saw thr unlock for the emerging crab creature, and that's what I'm waiting  to see. If it unlocks it might be the thing that gets me to back.

I'm going to push back on all the comments I see about lack of value. The value IS there, though maybe not personally for every backer  for whatever reason  (for non newbies here it's probably 20x20 minis ad a major factor).  These are great sets, but some things have a lot of competition , like taverns/ dressing, so that only makes sense if you have none. That doesn't mean the value isn't there.

• Like 6

Were there bugbears previewed on Reaper Live a while ago that were going to show up in Bones VI? Where does everyone think they're going to land? Encounter? Core set? Add-on like the gnolls and orcs? I love having the variety of poses for creatures like this.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Snowpaint said:

Were there bugbears previewed on Reaper Live a while ago that were going to show up in Bones VI? Where does everyone think they're going to land? Encounter? Core set? Add-on like the gnolls and orcs? I love having the variety of poses for creatures like this.

I was thinking in the Dungeon Denizens 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Ah, good call. I'm looking forward to seeing that expansion for sure. Loved the Dungeon Dwellers models in Bones V. And I like how the new orc set is in the same style.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Snowpaint said:

10 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Could go either way, both are good guesses.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, haldir said:

You give me this Dragon cover  as a encounter & I'll definitely buy it!

Kostchtchie.jpg?fit=626,893&ssl=1

why are their canada geese in that cover. thats from 2e era right?

it looks so familiar

sanjay

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

why are their canada geese in that cover. thats from 2e era right?

it looks so familiar

sanjay

I might even be from 1st edition, it's a older Dragon cover. Number 119 to be exact.

Anther encounter I'd love to see is this one, anther favorite fantasy picture (oddly both from the same artist Daniel R Horne)

best_for_last.jpg?w=768&h=1072

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I can't seem to find the salamanders everybody is talking about?

Anyone has a picture?

Bottom of page 66:

salamanders4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

I'm so behind. Just p60 now but saw the unlock for the emerging crab creature, and that's what I'm waiting  to see. If it unlocks it might be the thing that gets me to back.

I'm going to push back on all the comments I see about lack of value. The value IS there, though maybe not personally for every backer  for whatever reason  (for non newbies here it's probably 20x20 minis ad a major factor).  These are great sets, but some things have a lot of competition , like taverns/ dressing, so that only makes sense if you have none. That doesn't mean the value isn't there.

This is what I have been thinking all along.  It's not a question of whether these sets are a good deal; they are all very good deals compared to retail value.  The question is how much value they have for the buyer.  I see a lot of things I don't really need and would not buy individually, so I actually made a list of what I would be willing to pay for each revealed figure.  I'm buying any set where the cost is lower than what I would spend individually.  So far, that is the core (assuming we unlock the Driftlurker, my favorite sculpt revealed so far), two expansion sets, and two of the add-on options (plus the not-yet-unlocked dragon).  And all of that is despite literally dozens of miniatures I don't really want; I look at those as a free bonus.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, haldir said:

Bottom of page 66:

salamanders4.jpg

Ah Thanks, I was thinking about a different kind of creature then.

These are nice,

I'm waiting for more stuff like the crayfish and the anubis.

If there's enough I'll back, if not I'll buy those at retail.

I do like the Giant Skeleton, great sculpt but the rest of that set is no use to me, I already have a lot of such minis.

It's great value for anyone who wants to start an Undead Warband though!

• Like 5

Here's my enthusiastic Deep Thought of the day:

"Its good to be an obsessive collector of Bones. I don't have to worry if Bones 6 has  value or entices me like past KS. I'm buying one of everything no matter what."

That's been another DEEEEEP thought.

AJ

• Like 6
  • Haha 10