Jump to content

Bones 6 Enthusiasm and Commentary


Chaoswolf

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Adrift said:

I like Chonky. I think I’ll be adding her to the choices. Though, I seriously doubt that those wings could support her mass.

It works on Magic, not Physics, so the flight dynamics/principals are different and not well defined for us "mere mortals".

GEM

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I second this point of view. If the armor is impractical or inefficient, why bother. Just skip it all together!

 

Can somebody tell me what color dragon Chonky Boy (girl?) might be?

 

Based on the horns and the ‘mountain lair’ from the flavor text, I’d lean toward a red dragon. Those horns, by the way, are really cool. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
7 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Can somebody tell me what color dragon Chonky Boy (girl?) might be?

Based on the description, and the fact she has fire breath, I'd say red if you're looking for a D&D/RPG answer. Otherwise, it's (going to be) your miniature, it can any color you want.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The backturned horns give me red vibes, but I do like the idea of making that a deep, bruised purple, reddish shade. 

Ultimately, it is whatever color you paint it as. The 5 big dragons from last time were quite obviously meant to be one of each color, but for some of the dragon sculpts that came with the Bones 5 core, or the smaller dragon from the Dragonslayers, I still haven't quite decided what color I'd want to give them.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

Chonky gives me 'purple' vibes and I'd paint it purple if I decide to get it 

 

She's definitely a Purple Dragon in my eyes - big bruiser, and in daylight the damage from a Purple's radiant beam breath weapon (Red + Blue = Fire + Lightning = energy bolt) would be hideously similar to fire damage in appearance.

Purple Dragon - Dragon Mag 65 Sept 82

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jeronimus said:

Ultimately, it is whatever color you paint it as. The 5 big dragons from last time were quite obviously meant to be one of each color, but for some of the dragon sculpts that came with the Bones 5 core, or the smaller dragon from the Dragonslayers, I still haven't quite decided what color I'd want to give them.

 

Imagination is a wonderful thing, so, yes, any color you like.

 

Where I come from, dragons do have colors, but don’t have horn configurations specified … 😛

 

260EB11D-A4CF-4CA8-8E3D-116B168A4A30.jpeg.eb9e3d78ac4dc008177c2d5984350ce0.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, amuller33 said:

cool idea. I actually like all 3 sculpts ... but 15,000?  thast asking a lot of the last 48 Hours

Especially considering we haven't yet reached even 50% of Bones 3's final numbers, which were 13465 backers. 

 

9 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Can somebody tell me what color dragon Chonky Boy (girl?) might be?

Right now, I'm thinking browns and yellows to go with the desert description given in her flavor text. 


Of course, in my settings, dragon colors have no bearing on their other features and abilities. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeronimus said:

The backturned horns give me red vibes, but I do like the idea of making that a deep, bruised purple, reddish shade.

 

That's kind of what I'm seeing too.  I'll admit to being one of those paint within the lines types when it comes to my dragons, to such a degree that I've actually scrounged up all the official art from editions past to try to sort out any sort of essential traits before.  The big ten are pretty solidly defined, the weirder planar dragons are fuzzier.  Back swept horns are typically the domain of reds although these ones are a bit atypical in number and shape.

 

For my world I'm liking Chonk here as a fiendish red dragon.  A former consort of Tiamat that grew fat and monstrous gorging itself on the souls of the damned in Avernus before fleeing to the material plane after some light treason.  The only thing that's preventing his presence from being an outright cataclysm is his fear of Tiamat.

 

Alternatively?  Take the wings off and have a rad pseudo Godizlla kaiju. 

 

(side note, rust dragons?  best idea they never ran with)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AlonTey said:

For my world I'm liking Chonk here as a fiendish red dragon.  A former consort of Tiamat that grew fat and monstrous gorging itself on the souls of the damned in Avernus before fleeing to the material plane after some light treason. 

Someone in the Kickstarter comments brought up Ashardalon. Fiendish influence makes sense for a dragon who tried to bind a Balor to his chest. Though in that case, maybe he'd be even bigger.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jeronimus said:

Someone in the Kickstarter comments brought up Ashardalon. Fiendish influence makes sense for a dragon who tried to bind a Balor to his chest. Though in that case, maybe he'd be even bigger.


Hah, no objections from me.  I’m firmly in the “impracticality large dragons”camp. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...