GETTING TO KNOW YOU APRIL 2022 brought to you by WOOF!

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

Did you ( or would you like to) paint /convert a mini to resemble a real life or movie character?

If you did show us..

This is NOT a subliminal message to make you join WOOF or donate to the glorious leader.. Really it's not, just keep thinking that.

not intentionally, not even sure if I've done it accidentally

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

Did you ( or would you like to) paint /convert a mini to resemble a real life or movie character?

If you did show us..

This is NOT a subliminal message to make you join WOOF or donate to the glorious leader.. Really it's not, just keep thinking that.

I never considered it. Even my main characters/leaders in historical games were fictitious.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Not yet, but I REALLY want to sculpt Nate Ruess of the band FUN as a Sidhe Lord (though I suspect that he won't take it too kindly if I out his true identity).

image.png.03acc498f8ed7fcdec75a5c71b7c90c3.png

Oh, and I have often used Taylor Swift as a face model for some of my female sculpts.  She has a great face for sculpture.

image.thumb.png.84f31476f2906d331895aad145356ac8.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

I did.

I painted this Vampire Girl up as Elvira the Mistress of the Dark.

20200502_205705.jpg

20200502_205801.jpg

20200502_205809.jpg

• Like 11

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Nope, never really saw much of a draw for such things, but it's also a lot harder to keep certain "known features" there when a muzzle is suddenly involved.  Can't just make someone a generic fox or wolf... 😛

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

I painted a special edition barbarian to be Princess Mononoke.

F137A9CD-6C0C-451F-AD40-7CEC847125A9.jpeg.dcbc632f1944c32df9b9d63de106481b.jpeg

781118D3-FE50-4F48-A97B-2EDD0B5F8E36.jpeg.905fe2daa1aa87ae968ff151055716ee.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

About 15 years ago I had tried to make the superman 2 version of general zod to replace the less interesting comic book version on a heroclix. 

I would have to see if I still have it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Ororo_1.JPG.d638ec845a81daa2918842e3b378932f.JPGOroro_2.JPG.5e4cb72d363bcc53d2852277dbee5a3f.JPG

Ororo/Storm

Shanna_1.JPG.ef8e5ce128b68f7e0891b4a6c8846ace.JPG

Shanna the She-Devil

Deadpimp_1.thumb.jpg.0f70d8d42511c98d01c3c63ea6e9ddcf.jpgDeadpimp_2.jpg

And, of course, Deadpimp (from a 70s flashback issue).

I like Marvel stuff.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

I haven't, though GW does make one named Sly Marbo (both the figure and name is an homage to '80's action movies).

image.thumb.png.6fad0a74d1152568282d58572666620a.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Yup, a Bloodbowl vampire team. The vampires were Daphne and Velma from Scooby Doo, Lily from the Munsters. Elvira and Morticia from the Addams Family. The Thralls were Fred, Shaggy, Scooby. Herman, Gomez and assorted bad guys from the Scooby Doo show. Anyway they are in storage right now until I find someone to play Bloodbowl with around here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

I've done a couple over the years, including several that were intended to be characters, this is the most recent, from last year: 

DSCN2176.jpg.040666d2b3d42c16db5155b479eaf6f8.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:36 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 5th.

We play games, make up stories, build armies etc.

What is your favorite character from these and is this an existing character or did you create it yourself?

Tell us why it's your favorite.

By now most of you are secretly brainwashed to join WOOF. You like puppies don't you? Jjjjjooooiiinnnn uussss!!!!

Currently I'm making an army for the Wargods campaign, even if I don't get a chance to play in it. My leader is a Harbinger of Isis, so chosen because I like her magical powers the best. She can also field my vulture men, who will only work for infamous (evil) harbingers. In the Wargods of Aegyptus setting, Isis and Osiris are dead and their followers without a patron city to call home. My Harbinger, Nef-Nekhari, is especially bitter and hurt and has allied with the nekharu, who betrayed their goddess and were thrown out of Aegyptus for it. I thought it would be a really neat, thematic army and the colours will work well together.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:43 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION April 8th / April 10th.

Do you include Unit Fillers / Small Terrain Pieces etc in your Armies?

If you don't use Armies, do you use scatter terrain etc?

Which ones are you most proud of/happy with?

Show us your work.

It has come to our attention that some of you are chasing the red dot, we will not tolerate such antiwoof behaviour! Report to your nearest Woof Rehabilitation Centre immediately!

No unit fillers yet, but I will need to figure out something for when I get a unit of slingers, as they sit in the tray in a checkerboard pattern. I really like the dead/wounded models a lot of games make for rank and file systems. I have lots of scatter terrain and small pieces for my Sandgrave games. Nothing amazing, just some sphinxes and obelisks and such. 

On 4/12/2022 at 1:43 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 12th

Oversized weapons, yes or no?

Yes and no. My few historical minis have weapons that are too dainty for my liking. They're no fun to paint and they break too easily. Comically oversized weapons don't do much for me, either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Well, I have most of the original GW LotR line, so YES!, hundreds of them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 13th.

What is your favorite miniatures tabletop game?

If D&D 5e is considers a mini-tabletop, then that would be the one. I'm not much of a wargamer, but I do look into some games if they are  being played at a Con (like RCon & LVO).

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION APRIL 14th.

If you did show us..

Tbh, I don't think I've ever have tried doing this, never have had a reason to do it

Now that question has come up, I may have to think about this. :rock:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1