GETTING TO KNOW YOU APRIL 2022 brought to you by WOOF!

Glitterwolf

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

Which setting(s) do you prefer for your minis/games?

(for example, Jungle, Desert,Urban,Wastelands)

Bonus: Show us some of your terrain/bases for that setting.

I've only based one 40k miniature so far. Just one. But it was more of a test, and I like it a lot since it ties in with my army. I use Martian Ironearth (red crackle paint) and a purple tuft from Gamers Grass, and then paint the rim Doombull Brown (rich red clay colour).

Wait, I actually have a picture of it.

20210725_002322.thumb.jpg.1dbe2204517038d18852214bb186dc6b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

I tend to favor open field or scrub for basing fantasy miniatures.   For the sci-fi and modern I like some kind of decking or concrete sidewalk.  Unfortunately I haven't done any for months, just been painting integral bases. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

I like all kinds of settings, but my bases tend to default to patchy grassland for easiness.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

I use everything from printed maps to camo cloth and buildings for scenery.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:57 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION APRIL 2nd/Turd.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

Plans/Activities?

Tell us ( pics optional)

I did my taxes! I'm also getting a nice return (mostly because of my moving expense).

Unless you're Dave Pugh, I don't think pictures of my income tax files will interest anyone (including myself).

Rest of the weekend was cooking, going to the gym, work.

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

I think I prefer urban? Though wilderness settings are simpler to set up, the urban ones feel more "real".

I don't think I have any usable terrain that isn't drawn with dry erase markers.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question April 5th.

We play games, make up stories, build armies etc.

What is your favorite character from these and is this an existing character or did you create it yourself?

Tell us why it's your favorite.

By now most of you are secretly brainwashed to join WOOF. You like puppies don't you? Jjjjjooooiiinnnn uussss!!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 5th.

What is your favorite character from these..?

Tzlatoc the Chameleon Skink

…and is this an existing character or did you create it yourself?

Invented him. 

Tzlatoc is the only short story character I have ever written about. 

By now most of you are secretly brainwashed to join WOOF. You like puppies don't you? Jjjjjooooiiinnnn uussss!!!!

G.R.F.F.N begs to differ. …and not in the way a puppy begs for bacon either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 5th.

What is your favorite character from these and is this an existing character or did you create it yourself?

I'm gonna go with Meirsoa, because there's just something so elegant about her.  I'm sure I could come up with other things, but that's the big one in my mind right nowm

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Foxes took over the bakery and coffee brewing segments.  First part the original person in charge seemed to think the only thing in existence was bone shaped cookies, and the other was only offering tar so thick it could stand on its own.  There's a time and place for diner coffee, and work isn't it! 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question April 5th.

Alan "The Bruse" Vogele, Morrow Project character I made up (named from a college roommate).  What set him apart was all the abuse he took.  After waking up they set off in an APC in a blizzard in Utah.   The APC rolled a couple of hundred feet down the mountain.  Wild animals attacked him next.  The topper was when a mercenary band attacked the APC with an ATM (the Anti-Tank Missile, not Automated Teller Machine) and blew the APC up with Alan in the turret.  Thankfully he made his saving throw and was only 90% dead.  He then hooked up with a California Morrow project team.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question April 5th.

My Gutter Elf Rogue, Wexelwane the Weasel, is/was my absolute favorite AD&D player character. He pulled off all the insane, swashbuckling feats that I could only dream of doing myself.

For Column, Line, & Square/historical, the Graf Von Grubb was my favorite. Grubb was the rotund, fearless, somewhat deranged commander of my Wurttemberg Napoleonic Army. Despite his corpulence, he constantly could be found leading infantry assaults, cavalry charges, &, generally, leading from the front...usually several yards to the front.

Despite having my puppy buddy, Neville. I am not tempted to join W.O.O.F.; re, I would never join a club that would have me as a member (Groucho Marx),

275781486_10159487566974807_3955262052165428374_n.thumb.jpg.32b93694487ef49e098d5ad85fcd8f1f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:57 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION APRIL 2nd/Turd.

What are you looking forward to this weekend? Plans/Activities? Tell us ( pics optional)

I spent most of the weekend cleaning my shop and studio. After 5 months of DS Dragon and Bones 6 sculpting boot camp; my space was getting VERY cluttered and grimy. So now that my role in Bones 6 is done/winding down (unless Ron asks me for something else) and all 10 dragons are in the bag, I'm getting back to a more normal schedule interspersing jewelry and painting into my weekly hobbying (and soon gardening, kayaking, and fishing).

Once I got the studio clean, I made this ring for my youngest son.  He cut the stone (he's been working on learning to cut turquoise).

277733113_4980617438691786_5609112826063095933_n.jpg.0d5ee5f2fa1e39dc5a6df3d0ba8778bb.jpg277743728_4980617445358452_8359479665134241266_n.jpg.d72b1e4477ac75245e2c83f4908bd8ca.jpg

On 4/4/2022 at 2:09 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

Forest.  I grew up in a forest, and am most comfortable there.

Yes, I love puppies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question April 5th.

I do not play tabletop games, but I do create armies and make up stories for them.

Actually I made up quite a few characters that way, but I think one of my favorites is Captain Rodrigo Gonzales from the stories in my Lost World Project.

There is something about a greedy ruthless pirate that seems to escape death every single time while trying to get rich and yet utterly fails in becoming rich...

• Like 9

On 4/4/2022 at 2:09 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION April 4th

Yes.

Oh, you want more detail?

It all depends; a lot of my figures are on grassy field/woodland bases. Like @malefactus, I think Drow elves look best on cavern bases. Sci-fi stuff goes on either grassy field or sci-fi/techy looking bases. Undead go on graveyard/bleak and desolate bases. Basically, the figure dictates the base it ends up on a lot of the time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question April 5th.

I like all my weird characters equally, so it's hard to pick a favorite. But I'll go with Bubbles the Red Dragon since she's getting ready to make a return to the table after a long absence. She's a dragon lost in a land with no dragons and as such isn't quite sure how to act.  The group were hired to transport a large, unidentified egg to some rich foreign prince. Well, it hatched in the process of being transported and a cute little dragon hatchling emerged and belched out a little bubble of flames, hence the name Bubbles that the group gave her. And that was the last time she was cute. From there she began a bumbling terror campaign across the countryside while my players, who were treating her as an intelligent pet, tried to stop her or convince her to not be evil. She never got the hang of being good, but she did try for a while. You know, only eating people that annoyed her instead of everyone in a town. Or demanding that all gold in a town be given to her, but letting the townsfolk keep all their silver and at least a few cattle. Eventually being good got to be too much and she raised an army of lizardmen and decided to take over the country. That's when the group decided it was all too much and, sadly, they had to run her off to go into the world and be a dragon elsewhere. But not before she "accidentally" turned one of them into ashes. 

Fast forward a couple of years and the same group, with a few new characters, finds themselves on the other side of the world in a country where dragons aren't just plentiful, but they're in charge. They don't know it yet but they're about to meet Bubble's mom who has spent the last few years looking for the egg that was stolen from her. It's not going to go well and if they don't do something that results in her wiping them all out they'll end up with a new job... go find Bubbles the dragon and bring her home to her mom. Should be a fun time.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1