Nightwalker [WZK90323]

Insane mini painting challenge day 4: Nightwalker. This is one of those monsters that I wanted a miniature of as soon as it was first introduced so when Nolzur's announced its release I immediately preordered it. Unfortunately, it took far too long to get around to painting it but now that I have, I'm pretty happy with the results.

IMG_20220413_131942322_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220413_131950205_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220413_131955945_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220413_132002861_HDR.jpg

• Like 22

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Grand Slam said:

Great job. I like how you went super dark with the dark areas, then wasn't shy with the highlights (as much as makes sense in a model like this anyway .. don't want him TOO bright :D). Solid work all around.

Thanks! This one was fun to paint. I originally went really dark with shades of gray, but it just didn't look right so I went with blue highlights on the body but kept the horns, talons and hooves gray for a splash of contrast.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, SotF said:

Really nice work...

How did you do the smoke/mist transparent parts? The one I painted doesn't work well for pictures

I found the best way to do transparent parts is to first give it a coat of matte finish so the inks and washes have something to stick to. For this particular mini I used several coats of Army Painter Blue Wash until I got the desired effect. I think it took 5 or 6 coats but I got there eventually. Just make sure you're absolutely certain what color you're going for before starting as unlike solid parts you can't change your mind halfway through unless you want to get rid of the transparency. 

• Like 1