Stonehaven Female Halfling Bard, sculpted by Mike Evans

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

Great work. This is another example of a character who can get away with bright colors. Love the selections and the execution.

Thank you!   Yeah, I thought about greens and browns, but she's a performer, an artiste, she's flamboyant!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is lovely!

I'm not even a fan of Halflings annoying little buggers are so hard to get out of your fridge) but this one ( and the rogue you painted recently) looks great!

Why thank you Glitterwolf!   I'm quite a fan of the smaller folks, hobbitses and gnomes, always welcome to raid my refrigerator!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Thank you!   Yeah, I thought about greens and browns, but she's a performer, an artiste, she's flamboyant!

Why thank you Glitterwolf!   I'm quite a fan of the smaller folks, hobbitses and gnomes, always welcome to raid my refrigerator!

They do make great kebab though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful painting and use of color - outstanding face

Thank you Iridil! Her face was large and easy to reach, an absolute joy to paint!

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

She looks great! Very nice work on her. :winkthumbs:

Thank you Chaoswolf!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work.  The yellow is really what stands out most to me.  It is set up in a triangle, so it really frames the torso, but the vertex points toward the face, helping to funnel attention up to her very expressive face.  She seems a little melancholic while being intent on her fiddling.  Her face is wonderful, the makeup is better than I can seem to do. Excellent.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Lovely work on such a tiny model. I like your selection of colors.

Thank you Metalchaos, colors always give me fits in trying to decide them.

7 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great work.  The yellow is really what stands out most to me.  It is set up in a triangle, so it really frames the torso, but the vertex points toward the face, helping to funnel attention up to her very expressive face.  She seems a little melancholic while being intent on her fiddling.  Her face is wonderful, the makeup is better than I can seem to do. Excellent.

Thanks Darcstaar!  When I finally did get my colors figured out, I was actually thinking of Ukrainian colors, but ultimately thought the yellow turned out more goldish.  

And with makeup, it's usually lipstick and eye shadow.  I should probably some day do some rouge, but it hasn't seemed yet to be necessary. I guess my adventuresses care about their appearance but their cheeks are already ruddy enough!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper folks!

Tonight another Stonehaven Miniatures figure, a Gnome Ranger with a crossbow.  A fun and quite petite figure and the funnest part of this was was choosing hair color, hope you guys like him!

Really starting to get into painting Stonehaven, some very fun and expressive figures, full of personality!

• By 72moonglum
      In a world where an entire player race seems to have been mostly overlooked throughout the years, Stonehaven Miniatures created a Kickstarter that was oriented mostly for the fine folk, and made a bunch of different gnome characters, male and female, cast in metal.  Here are two of them that I've recently finished, a Gnome Paladin and a Gnome Scout:

These are some really small miniatures, and as I finally was able to photograph them I could see a few spots that I could probably improve upon them, but being that these are just for fun and enjoyable, I think I'm happy where I am with them.  

The hair on them is a little bit outside of the natural realm of color, not your typical blonde, black, brown or red.  I sent an email to the sculptor Mike Evans and asked him how he imagined his gnomes, with natural color hair or more fantasy colors and he said bright colors, so I kind of followed that idea with these two.  

I still live in that past of the old D & D description which talked about them having skin the color or wood and either blonde or white hair, but I'm trying to move away from that pretty old concept.  I've seen art for gnomes in other newer D&D books and they are certainly more vibrant than before

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy them!
    • By Rigel
      Butch "Killer" Davis (50094) is a beautiful clean sculpt, good and pulpy without being overdone. He also gave me an excuse to go ahead and complete a boxing/wrestling ring bit of terrain--it had been rattling around in my brain for some years. And now, with a box lid, some nails, some electrical tape, and a few bits of string, the dream has become reality. 

"I've earned my stripes, and the poor fool in the other corner's gonna be seeing stars!" 

I knew sculpting a side of beef ribs would be handy more than once. Good training.

Click for a turnaround with Price the Trainer (originally a Groundskeeper from Artizan; I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this dude)

Price's training style is...eccentric. (Hence the shovel.) Very big on the principle "prepare for everything." As such, he favors outlandish sparring partners with exotic styles.
      "Larry the Leprechaun," a vicious bareknuckle flyweight, for example. What if your opponent is hard to reach and nimble, a.k.a. 'the Oddjob Problem'?

Or what if your opponent uses A CHAIR OH NOOOO! and employs the ropes in bizarre high-flying stunts? It's EL DIABLOOOOOOOOOO! (50035, last seen in the Weird West)

Or how about a taller opponent with a bigger off-limit strike zone?! Think fast, Butch! It's La Mujer Increible! (50212, also seen previously)

Managed that? Good start. Now let's put you up against a challenge. The brutish man-mountain Mister Hyde! (Modified Clay Golem, 02706)! Taller, stronger, bigger, meaner. Good luck!

Oh, these were fun to photograph. 
      Click for extra shots:

The ring itself. In retrospect I should have had the string corners wrapping around the inside of the posts, but eh, not bad for 20 minutes and some junk,

• By Bustawolf
      Long time no post but here's a tiny wizard
    • By Rob Dean
      Continuing with my group of under-represented character classes, I painted up this bard from the Ral Partha set “Female Adventurers”. I’m not sure who the sculptor was; the range was a mix of Mize, Guthrie, and Meier.

I’m trying to use some colors I don’t use as often on these; hence the lavender shirt. 

This is a fairly petite little figure. I know @72moonglum would have highlighted the nail polish 😂, but I can’t see that on the table.  How petite, you ask?

Scale creep, anyone?