What Alon Painted in April (2022)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All look great. I don’t know where to start. The three that really jump out at me for your slightly different take are the grey skinned orcs, the purple chest mimic, and the cool looking oxidation beast. 

Congrats on a productive month. 

• Like 4

luv all of it especially the group shot of the towns people, and what u did with the culist base brillant (at least to me, hehe) my fav of the bunch, also I like the fur/mane texture on the horse think it brings out the piece it is the main focal point. Kudo's !

• Like 4

You've been busy and that work is paying off!

It's good to have a multipurpose altar around. Love the greyish Orc skintone and the Oxidation Beast. I think the Beetles look just fine. 

Those Centaur skeletons are horrific in a way I had forgotten a skeleton could be! Good work on them. 

And putting an old-school dungeon map with Secret Door markings on the cartographer's paper is genius, a beautiful touch. 

• Like 3

Amazing output!  It’s crazy the amount of figures that we had in common for April and that are in my queue for May.  My favorite are your Strumpet and Grandmother.  Nice freehand embellishments on the apron.

• Like 1

Wow you did have a productive month! All are great. Like the grey skinned orcs a lot, the mimic, and the townsfolk in particular! Great colors on the spiders!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great job all around!

You deserve an award for getting the old Bones mother and kids to look as good as you did! I tried three times to get that figure painted; I gave up. Kudos to you for finishing. :winkthumbs: 

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, KruleBear said:

All look great. I don’t know where to start. The three that really jump out at me for your slightly different take are the grey skinned orcs, the purple chest mimic, and the cool looking oxidation beast. 

Congrats on a productive month. 

Thanks KruleBear!  Pretty happy with the orc skin tone.  Wanted to keep with the grey orc skin tone to differentiate them from PROPPA Warhammer orcs but also didn't want them to look ...I guess...inorganic? 

On 5/1/2022 at 3:35 PM, kazmania7 said:

luv all of it especially the group shot of the towns people, and what u did with the culist base brillant (at least to me, hehe) my fav of the bunch, also I like the fur/mane texture on the horse think it brings out the piece it is the main focal point. Kudo's !

Thanks Kazmania! Really quite happy with the cultist base myself.  Spare skull, some cut up q-tips and a tiny bit of green stuff.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, Rigel said:

You've been busy and that work is paying off!

It's good to have a multipurpose altar around. Love the greyish Orc skintone and the Oxidation Beast. I think the Beetles look just fine. 

Those Centaur skeletons are horrific in a way I had forgotten a skeleton could be! Good work on them. 

And putting an old-school dungeon map with Secret Door markings on the cartographer's paper is genius, a beautiful touch. 

Thanks Rigel! I wish I could take credit for that map but it's all Bobby Jackson.  I swear you just waive the brush in the general direction of the mini and the sculpt does the work.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:56 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Great job overall!

I just love those skeleton horse/centaurs.

Thanks Glitterwolf!

On 5/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, Darcstaar said:

Amazing output!  It’s crazy the amount of figures that we had in common for April and that are in my queue for May.  My favorite are your Strumpet and Grandmother.  Nice freehand embellishments on the apron.

Thanks DarcStar!  Let me know what's on the bench, I'd love to compare notes when all's done.  Your stuff is great inspiration .

On 5/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, Iridil said:

Wow you did have a productive month! All are great. Like the grey skinned orcs a lot, the mimic, and the townsfolk in particular! Great colors on the spiders!

Thanks Iridil!

On 5/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Great job all around!

You deserve an award for getting the old Bones mother and kids to look as good as you did! I tried three times to get that figure painted; I gave up. Kudos to you for finishing. :winkthumbs: 

Thanks Chaoswolf!  Yeah...that....that sculpt is rough.  The first attempt failed horribly and went into the simple green, the second one got to PRETTY GOOD which given the bones classic faces there have, at best, a general suggestion of noses I took as an absolute win.

• Like 4