Getting to know you MAY 2022

Welcome to MAY! Am I your actual questor or have I just usurped the the thread again? Who knows?

THE RULES

1. Every day a question will be posted. 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.

(It's more of a guideline really but tradition demands we pretend it's a rule.)

3. Questions show up sometime before 10am eastern time. 

4. For other quisitors: Should I fail to post a question please wait until after the 10 am window to post a backstop question. 

5. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Please send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 

6. You do not have to answer every question to play. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or give a terse, concise mysterious answer. 

There we go, I'll be back in the morning with the first question. 

• Like 6

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

What if anything do you listen to while painting? have any recommendations for the rest of us?

I listen to music. I enjoy heavy metal, so that's what I listen to, and yes, it calms me down and doesn't screw up my painting. 

If it's Hockey season, I'll put the Bruins game on the TV and DVR it, that way I can listen, and then pause and rewind to see scores, fights, or whatever else interesting happens.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

May 2:

What if anything do you listen to while painting? have any recommendations for the rest of us?

I like fast paced music that I neither annoys me or draws my attention away from painting.  but usually I need something to mask the noises of the other people in the house or the street.
specifically right now its a Spotify playlist based around Lindsey Stirling and Imagine Dragons.     Sometimes te daily mix based on AJR or whatever my Elder spawn is listening to. 

Finding music to write to is much harder. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

Well....I can no longer hear music. SO I sing along with whatever song is whirling through my head. It's usually folk or blues.

Today Poor Old Marat from Marat/Sade is playing...I haven't started singing...yet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

Usually to the radio. Not music, but actual talking. Either documentaries, interviews or whatever. Being Canadian, it means mostly the CBC.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

May 2:

Usually it's either gabber, Dutch or German hardcore, hardstyle, or DnB (drum and bass).  I love me the 165-175bpm range of music. 

Almost always will be mixes though, because there's actual flow. 

Occasionally I'll put on an anime I like as background noise, but I have to be careful with such because sometimes it pulls your attention too much. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

May 2:

Nothing, except for the wails of anguish from unpainted minis coming from totes and bins, wondering when their turn is coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

25 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Occasionally I'll put on an anime I like as background noise, but I have to be careful with such because sometimes it pulls your attention too much. 

I can't do that; I end up getting drawn into watching whatever it is.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

What, if anything, do you listen to while painting?

I don’t usually have music-or podcasts-whatnot playing. 
I guess I go with WWMJD. (What would @Mad Jack do: Listen to the voices in his head…)

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Have any recommendations for the rest of us?

Sorry.

I got nuthin’

There is a radio near one of the desks I use for painting.  
I should learn how it works. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

I used to listen to music, but I can't keep my earphones in as long as I used to. 

Nowadays I just listen to whatever the Housemate has on TV.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

Instrumental music of all kinds, from doom to classical to tribal. One of my favorites is the Budos Band, it's like a great movie soundtrack (think the newer Oceans movies). Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach on solo cello is another.

edited to add: non-vocal music because the words engage the wrong parts of the brain, I like to keep my mind as non-verbal as possible when doing creative stuff

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

I always paint next to my laptop, looking at pics for reference, browsing this forum in between painting.

And always listen /sometimes watch Youtube vids, it's a mix of Heavy Metal, Psychobilly Rock, Stuff like Heilung and Danheim and sometimes some 70's/80's stuff like ABBA/Bee Gees or 60's Rock.

Some of my playlists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79q2jSwAAs&list=RDC79q2jSwAAs&start_radio=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMMCClIgTc&list=RDGMEM_v2KDBP3d4f8uT-ilrs8fQVMnBMMCClIgTc&start_radio=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQc57t7VSA&list=RDGMEMKcfdYVpEGn7ut17qwCZ9pgVM6fQc57t7VSA&start_radio=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRg_8NNPTD8&list=PLCPt5YkpCF5rCC0bwcqobJAoana546itZ

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

Mainly iheartradio (classic rock, hairbands, Casey Kasem top 40), youtube music (for the harder stuff or when I feel like going without commericals) & if it's on, Portland Winterhawks hockey game radio-internet stream. I sometime will also listen to the St Louis Blues radio feed if I can catch it as well.So basically rock & hockey feeds.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1