Getting to know you MAY 2022

25 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

I have gotten several bottles, I dont specifically remember what colors they were.

I used them to paint something, of course! ::P:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

I’ve gotten a few. I recall a charcoal like color, a minty color, a turquoise like color. Some other colors.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

May 9, 

I have over the years received a fair number of sample bottles. They were mostly of nondescript colors & wound up in a box which got left behind when I moved back North.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've gotten a few. Most notably was one that was all got at a early ReaperCon. It  was dubbed "nuclear red" aka New clear red. No label, just a msp bottle full or red paint. This was a pre-release of the Clear colors, this being Clear Red. I may even still have it, somewhere.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

May 9, 

Just the one, it was some kind of red I think.

I probably didn't use it, I never venture far outside the dozen or so colours I use on everything.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

I’ve got a bunch of them, but they mostly reside in my paint box at the office, so I can’t count them this morning.  I’ve got them mentally classed with promo paints, though, so I’m not sure which ones are samples and which ones are promo colors.  between the two catagories, I’ve got enough that I sometimes paint with just the free paint, as a little artistic limitation challenge.  My deep red and deep green samples are almost out, though … 

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

May 9, 

I haven't. Considering I do most of my orders during seasonal promos, they run out quick. But I do have a ton of pumpkin orange and breast cancer awareness pink.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

May 9, 

Yes.

A Blueish Grey

Pink.

I used it to paint minis...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

30 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I haven't. Considering I do most of my orders during seasonal promos, they run out quick. But I do have a ton of pumpkin orange and breast cancer awareness pink.

Same here, the last Reaper order I got didn't have one and I was very disappointed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

A few in the past. None in the last several years.  I have a brown that I think was an oops bottle of Volcano, and I'm currently using a grey green that is a perfect "industrial drab" that I will be sorry to see the last of. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

I have. I didn't use it (just not a Reaper paint fan), I don't know the color, but I've got it downstairs at my desk. I also think I have some of the HD line from either an order or an Origins convention swag bag. Again, I don't know which colors they are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:07 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 7

What's the most interesting competition you've ever been to? Were you a participant or a spectator?

Rail handcar racing derby.  Our team of 4 software engineers lasted one round against the local bodybuilding gyms.  After that round, I wasn’t able to lift my arms above my head, and one of our team threw up his cappuchino in the bushes.

Sand carving competitions.  Big 10 ft+ tall sculptures made from sand. Our company sponsored our team for more than a decade.  We also won or placed several times against a field of 20+ other teams.

Pumpkin carving competition.  I entered w/out realizing the carving would be done on a big 3 ft (1 meter) sized pumpkin.  I did pretty well, considering I didn’t have any proper tools needed for carving on that scale (some competitors lent me their spare tools).

On 5/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 8,

Is there a terrible movie you still like to watch?

Batman (1966) A wonderfully campy performance by Adam West and Burt Ward.

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

I’ve gotten several promotional colors from Christmas and Halloween orders, but no actual samples yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

I have gotten about four.

I don't remember what the colors were.

I am pretty sure there was a brown.

I don't remember using them on a specific mini.

6 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

Many colors.  [… snip …] I don't pay much attention to color names.

True SAMPLE paints have no names from the factory. The labels just say "Sample".

Promo paints are a different category, they'll have names.

I have 6 copies of BCA Pink.

[Excellent tip: use BCA Pink to undercoat yellow areas — sounds weird but it works! ]

40 minutes ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:
On 5/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 8,

Is there a terrible movie you still like to watch?

Batman (1966) A wonderfully campy performance by Adam West and Burt Ward.

I particularly liked the Gato class submarine propelled by twin flippers instead of a propeller.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

I have a few greens and blues. I gave them to the paint club. Usually I put a note in my order telling them to keep the paint. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1