Getting to know you MAY 2022

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

I have half a dozen of several colors.  I've given several away as I don't really use them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

I've gotten several. My favorite is a metallic orange. I haven't used the samples much though.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Do you like driving? Is it necessary where you live?

I don't mind it, but I prefer to maximize my usage when I do it. Especially with today's gas prices. What I *do* like about driving is not the ride itself, but the lack of other distractions. Allowing me to listen to the radio and even zone out during longer drives. I'm a pretty passive driver overall.

For basic errands, I live close enough to several stores that I can go there by foot. But the more specialized the need, the more I need my car. Sadly, my current city's public transportation is inadequate for my current needs.

It's a weird thing I miss from living in Montreal. Driving in Montreal was always hell, but I lived near the subway system, and it gave me access to tons of places.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I do enjoy driving. There is a certain feeling of freedom involved. I don't have a car however.

Here on Long Island driving isn't 100% necessary. If you can walk some, there is an excellent bus system. In Texas a car/truck/van was a necessity; re, things may or may not be bigger in Texas, but they sure are further away.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I'm funny in that I generally don't enjoy driving - unless it's my vintage car.  It's a 1976 Triumph TR6 which is a rolling restoration.  And yeah, driving is pretty much necessary where I live.

The Egg

IMG_20191008_161312~2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Driving is a necessary evil. It comes with all kinds of stress and expenses. I don’t particularly care for it.

Now, if you give me a place I can drive all crazy without having to worry about idiots hitting me and a car that I don’t have to worry about breaking, that might be nice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

It's how I get my paycheque, I sure hope I enjoy driving! 

Actually yes, I do enjoy driving overall, and oh boy is it a necessary thing to get around in a reasonable amount of time, but I currently do not own a vehicle.  I want to, but haven't purchased one yet.  It is on the list though. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I don't drive, but I didn't like it too much when I was trying to learn.

It's not a complete necessity, but being unable to drive does massively restrict where you can go, the public transport network gets very unreliable/non-existent outside of a handful of destinations. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I do enjoy handling my sporty little vehicle. I like the freedom that being able to drive gives me, but if we go out together I prefer DH to drive.  Since I live in a big city traffic is a necessary evil.  I try not to stress over it.  Even though we have a public transit system its availability and reach are limited, so a personal vehicle is necessary most of the time, especially if you need to get somewhere specific at a certain time.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Do you like driving?

I used to. 
These days I order delivery or just do without. 

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Is it necessary where you live?

It is. 
If I could ever afford it I would employ a footman/chauffeur. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I like driving...when there aren't other humans also driving. Actually, I used to looove driving and spend days just exploring back roads and discovering new places. But the traffic wore me down, I can't deal with it anymore unless I have to. Other humans really are the worst thing about the planet.

Luckily, I live very close to work, so I've filled my tank twice this year. Technically I don't have to drive, but weather here is unpredictable and in normal times I used to wear wool suits, which aren't great for walking in the summer.

My one last driving pleasure is taking my truck out after a really good pounding of snow. A nice layer of 12"+ is a ton of fun to drive in, and there are usually no other vehicles on the road in those situations. I'd love to live someplace that didn't plow much and never salted the roads (so I wouldn't have to kiss my good ol truck goodbye at some point due to rust)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

May 10,

It is extremely necessary where I live, not one bit of public transportation unless you get into a big city, and work is 13 miles away. Do I enjoy it? At times it is nice to go for a ride if the weather is nice and you aren't in a rush, but these days I only drive with purpose. Plus there are a lot of speed-demon drivers who ride up on your bumper to urge you to go faster on one-lane (each direction) county roads. Nope, I'm not risking a ticket or an accident.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

May 10,

I cannot drive. Not due to lack of license. I've got scar tissue in my neck that prevents me from turning my head far enough to look for cars when changing lanes or whatever. I didn't really enjoy driving when I could. Major anxiety.

Driving is necessary for where we live. It takes roughly 20 minutes to get into town by car.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I'd enjoy it a lot more if everyone else on the road was anywhere near as good a driver as I am.::P:

It's very necessary where I currently live as well as nearly every other place I've lived.

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

....things may or may not be bigger in Texas, but they sure are further away.

Yes, they absolutely are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1