Getting to know you MAY 2022

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Do you like driving? Is it necessary where you live?

Yes, and yes, it is necessary.  I will drive 45 minutes to an hour to gamming and 20 minutes to an hour to Disc Golf every week.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Like it or not I have to do it.  There is minimal public transport in some of the surrounding towns, but nothing I could make use of.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 8,

Is there a terrible movie you still like to watch?

MEGAFORCE!!!

image.png.c71f6654fc45317457e83d25683dee90.png

ICE PIRATES

image.png.38a98fb15df640714c3aa7a6728d1373.png

City Heat

image.png.c004fcb66df9b974b71a700dc7b7be4b.png

The SHADOW

image.thumb.png.20fec36891d21590a8ba3fc52d207992.png

The ONLY movie that I liked Alex Baldwin in...

TEAM AMERICA! (F*** YEAH!)

image.thumb.png.baa1721c7cdb0f4c2c9e2f3214cb8b33.png

Do I need to keep going?????

On 5/9/2022 at 7:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

Many...

My favorite is a blue steel metallic I occasionally use for plate mail...

11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

It's usually just a needed thing....

But when we still had the ex wife's RX-7....

That could be a lot of fun....

image.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Yup, I do enjoy it. Before my retirement, I drove 3-4000 miles a month tracking my parolees. Now, most of my driving is when we travel, which is fun stuff. And yes, having a vehicle is mandatory here, no public transportation at all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, Rob Dean said:

I’ve got a bunch of them, but they mostly reside in my paint box at the office, so I can’t count them this morning.  I’ve got them mentally classed with promo paints, though, so I’m not sure which ones are samples and which ones are promo colors.  between the two catagories, I’ve got enough that I sometimes paint with just the free paint, as a little artistic limitation challenge.  My deep red and deep green samples are almost out, though … 

OK, so I had a look.  At my office, with the spare paint set, I have 8 actual sample bottles:

6F456ADB-6DC0-43A0-A848-05FEFCD40F66.jpeg.dff854cc0102c832c7796f7b4b4fde8a.jpeg

It’s a little hard to tell, but left to right it’s a grey, a light tan, dark tan, medium brown, deep green, dull maroon, blue, and a slightly reddish tinged metallic.

6753310A-DC5B-4EEE-AF21-0EB3147DA4A5.jpeg.303facf76bdc31f0762915abbfe338c7.jpeg

I’ve also got various promotional colors: a breast cancer pink and a Valentine’s Day pink, a red and blue from when they were promoting a new paint formulation, 7 of the Christmas colors from various years (plus bought sets of those at home…), and two different off whites and reds from Halloween 2017 and 2018. Put them all together and painting a mini with just free paint isn’t too difficult, although using the off whites for mixing can be a little chancy.  The maggot flesh has green tones, and I’m not sure how the light tan of the vampire flesh would play out.

Somewhere around here I’ve got a couple more that were removed from a BoGW, but didn’t come to me directly…

23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I do not.  I drive because I have to, so my car is a scruffy 13 year old Toyota Yaris with a stick shift and no electric/electronic features.  You open it by turning the key in the door and crank the windows up and down.  I have just over 200,000 miles on it so far.  I’d be happy to leave it parked most of the time and use a bicycle, or travel by train for long distances. Those are the only two forms of vehicular travel I actually enjoy.  At least the FLGS, the public library, and my local indie coffee roaster are all within easy bike range.

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, knarthex said:

ps...

In response to last month’s question about what you hate about painting, Painting the interface between 2 adjacent items!!! especially straight lines!!!

So all painting then ??

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:10 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 2:

What if anything do you listen to while painting? have any recommendations for the rest of us?

Typically, audio books, knarthax/TGP, or one of several other mini painting/sculpting groups I am a part of.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:57 PM, knarthex said:

Regarding Tacos....

YES

PLEASE!

^This

On 5/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 6:

What are you working on building or painting this month? have any pictures?

Sculpting: can't really say in detail; I have a REALLY cool project I am doing for Dark Sword.  I can say that it is a dragon with a rider, but that is about it.  This will be the first human I have sculpted in Z-Brush; should be fun.

As for painting, I am currently, albeit slowly, painting a dwarven barbarian for my current D&D campaign:

image.png.ecea5bc14eea7f93059927e8f6356202.png

On 5/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 7

What's the most interesting competition you've ever been to? Were you a participant or a spectator?

US Open Fencing Competition when it was held in the Twin Cities.  Got my butt kicked, but it was fun to have such kicking done by the best in the country.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 8,

Is there a terrible movie you still like to watch?

Mostly nostalgia pieces from the 80's like "The Last Dragon" or "Blood Sport".

On 5/9/2022 at 6:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

Many.  The best is a shade of off white similar to Creamy Ivory that covers better and is essentially perfect.  I will be VERY sad when that bottle goes dry.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:49 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

To a point, and yes it is necessary.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

May 6:

I was working on these -  for a D&D session,   but now that I finished them, all I have is stuff primed.

This pic reminds me I need to rework the left chuuls eyes - so technically still working on them. 

1715153328_AbolethChuul.thumb.jpg.2cfe036448a5f81a2bf97263f080b553.jpg

May 10,

No,  I want to get from here to there with a little attention as possible - music, news, a podcast, a quiet think to write a game or novel plot.  
when i actually have to pay attention to the driving experience, it is because something has gone wrong and I have to try not to run into things.   
I have had 2 accidents 1999, and 2011 so my inattention/focus driving method works pretty well. 

Yes I live in a fricken low density suburb - no handy busses or trains.  I walk and bike some, but should do more.  2/3 of my most common trips could be by bike, but it requires more enthusiasm/planning to bike to the gym, or to pickup the spawn from school. 

Sample paints-  

At least 2 have made it into regular  use - a medium blue, and a light brown/tanned flesh  the second one have used both an skin and leather goods. 
at least 2-3 others are in the backup paint case, they never found a purpose. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

Don't mind me while I put that money in hubby's account, and then find a way to get more money Aaaaand bring back Wipeout I guess.  If a game show has to be done.  There, I technically satisfied both conditions... ~I~ am not holding onto the money and the game show is still there. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

The first thing that popped into what passes for my mind was the Cheech & Chong's game show: LETS MAKE A DOPE DEAL!.

I'll hang on to the money when the contestants get busted..."take the Reds, Man!".

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

May 6:

I was working on these -  for a D&D session,   but now that I finished them, all I have is stuff primed.

This pic reminds me I need to rework the left chuuls eyes - so technically still working on them. 

1715153328_AbolethChuul.thumb.jpg.2cfe036448a5f81a2bf97263f080b553.jpg

Squeeeeeee....one of my babies in the wild!!!  Well done, I love the color scheme.  I hope the encounter is great!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

I'd put together something like No Cover (it's on youtube), which helps find new original rock bands and signs them to a label.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1