Getting to know you MAY 2022

57 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

I’m not sure how you would make good television out of it (a lot of editing, I suppose), but cooking challenge shows are a guilty pleasure (with a side order of Blown Away).  I’d like to translate that format into a miniature wargaming elimination, where teams of painters, terrain builders, scenario designers, and rules writers compete to put on an amazing miniature wargame. Realistically, each challenge would be measure in weeks rather than hours, so you’d probably have to replace competitors’ salaries to get them to sign up, and that would go through your budget in short order.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

MythBusters: The Game Show.  Contestants need to test a myth and get prizes if they can do it definitively.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:49 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Do you like driving? Is it necessary where you live?

It doesn't bother me. Where I live it's an absolute necessity. I drive about 40 miles/ 60km a day back and forth to the farm. A lot of my business and medical things are in a town about double that distance in the opposite direction. It's not unusual to travel 1000+ km in a week for things. Price of getting to live in the hills away from the citified hordes.

May 11,

The Running Man/Squid Games. Contestants will be chosen from the political class.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

May 11,

I'd do a new take on Takashi's Castle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

May 11,

I'm not entirely sure why I'm trying to get rid of a large pile of money; this is diametrically opposed to what my normal inclination would be.

So, in the interest of making this game show as profitable as possible, it's going to need to be interesting and exciting. 

First off, all contestants are going to have to sign waivers; there will be a physical portion and people will likely get injured.

There will be a trivia/intelligence test/reasoning part of the show; not only does this test mental abilities, it will help to weed out people from the second part which will have physical challenges. (Sometimes, you should stop and think before trying to muscle your way through a problem.)

The physical portion will be a combination of American Ninja Warrior,  Survivor, and the Amazing Race, but not scripted like those are, and without the BS social nonsense (nobody gets voted off).

With real ninjas.

And land mines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

May 11,

I'd put together a game show about contestants putting together a better game show, with the winner getting the money while I get the rights to the new shows. Low effort and high reward on my part. :B):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I'm a fan of "Forged in Fire" and "Chopped".  I would like to see that format in a mini sculpting show, "Sculpted in Putty" or maybe "Sculpted in Pixels".  Been thinking of how we could adapt this and run it as a ReaperCon show that I could pitch to Ron as an event.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

Does it matter? Start talking to Hollywood types and your money will be blown before you get ten seconds of footage.  Never was a fan of game shows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

May 11:

You need to get rid of a pile of money…

No I don’t . . .

…by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself.

I will establish off-shore accounts and dummy corporations and they will beg to differ. 

What sort of game show do you make?

Truly, the last thing the world needs is another game show. 

Wait!  OK, this is genius. We’ll have one where the audience votes things off…

It'll be called Last Game Standing and the audience will have to choose which other Game Show gets voted off the air !!  Each. Week. 

I really think this has potential.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

May 11,

We pit annoying reality stars/celebrities (Real Housewives, Kardashians, Bachelors/Bachorlettes etc) on an American Gladiators-style obstacle course... only there's a lot more spikes, sharp objects, buzzsaws, firepits, fire-blasters, etc... maybe it's more American Gladiators meets Mad Max Thunderdome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2022 at 1:49 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I like driving unless there's snow...for me it is necessary. I hate public transportation, besides there is no connection to the Base ...

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

Cryptid Hunt. The first contestant to bring back a true cryptid creature becomes rich. 

Anyone brings home a false one will have to donate money to a good cause.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

Escape From Khanlandia

Contestants are put onto the fictional prison of Khanlandia. They are given the opportunity to scavenge goods--mostly junk--from across the island prison, which they must use to escape. Contestants can reinact historical prison breaks and can act independently or together. Each season will have extra challenges and bonuses, like "bribe the guards", "laundry detail", "island ferry" and such. It would probably be more of a reality show.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 4:49 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

I love driving for pleasure, like a leisurely drive on a rural road or over to the coast, but I don’t get to do that very often.  Since I generally work from home and take public transit on days I go into the office, I rarely get to drive at all!

16 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

Based on a real-life event I witnessed:  An egg hunt, but the eggs contain valuable prizes (cash, jewelry, keys to new cars) and the contestants are all adults. Have them sign legal waivers, then film the resulting brawls from every possible angle.  Somebody’s going to get trampled!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Tell us about your local nuisance animals, have you seen them cause any interesting trouble recently?

(This question brought to you by the squirrel that managed to knock over a saw horse)

Well, we have a lot more people on the road, and a good portion of them seem to think you follow the gaming world rules for driving.... 

Some areas we have racoons, but I prefer the coyotes and foxes myself.  Or that one deer that was waiting at a crosswalk... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1