Getting to know you MAY 2022

31 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Tell us about your local nuisance animals, have you seen them cause any interesting trouble recently?

(This question brought to you by the squirrel that managed to knock over a saw horse)

Along my routes I routinely see pairs of Canadian cobra chickens on the side of the road. Mostly they mind their own business and stay in place when you go by, but occasionally they get it into their thick boneheads to try to fly across when they see you coming and I'd rather not hit a 20 lb. bird at speed. Haven't had a close call yet, but man can they be dumb sometimes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Tell us about your local nuisance animals, have you seen them cause any interesting trouble recently?

(This question brought to you by the squirrel that managed to knock over a saw horse)

I don't know of interesting, but we have a racoon that knocks down our garbage can and rips into the bag every Monday night.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yeesh, catch up time.....

On 5/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 7

What's the most interesting competition you've ever been to? Were you a participant or a spectator?

I've marshalled 4 F1 events in Montreal, so was neither  a participant nor a spectator.   Sadly have to miss this year.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 8,

Is there a terrible movie you still like to watch?

If I'm watching it I don't consider it terrible.  But there are ones that others may.  Love me some Mystery Men....

On 5/9/2022 at 8:51 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 9, 

Have you ever gotten a "sample" bottle in a reaper order? what color was it and what did you use it for?

I have half a dozen to a dozen of them, mostly blues.  Haven't gotten one in a few years.  I tend not to use them as I like to know I can get the colour again if I need to.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 10,

Do you like driving? Is it necessary where you live?

I love driving.  One of my favorite things is hitting the highway (or some other really good road without much traffic) with the radio cranked and the window down.

I'd race if I could afford it (and, you know, I was in shape, and stuff).

On 5/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

"Tonight, in this episode of Jasper Needs an Army Painted,  6 amateur and professional commision painters compete in 3 rounds of intense minis painting mayhem! Tonight we focus on Imperials.

Round 1,  the Core round.   Who can paint the best unit of Stormtroopers!  So much white.  Who will crack first? At the end of the round the bottom 3 will be cut.

Round 2, Special Forces.  The Competition ramps up as the remaining three go head to head to head on a unit of Scout Trooper Snipers?  And with Special Forces come special challenges! What crazy rules changes and challenges will they have to cope with tonight? At the end of the round one more will be eliminated!
And finally in Round 3, our final 2 will have to tackle the Vehicle challenge. The contestants will return to their home workshops and have 4 days to complete an AT-ST!  Here's where they'll need to pull out all the stops! Airbrushing, scenic basing, magnetization,  you name it. 

And when they return the judges will decide who is the Top Painter, and wins the big cheque! All tonight, on Jasper Needs an Army Painted!!  "

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

We have squirrels, that empty the bird feeders (when they were out).  And deer, who also empty the bird feeders.....

There are racoons, but not around our house, that we've seen. Porcupines and skunks, but again, not near my current place.

We have bears.  Apparently one had to be put down earlier this week as it had taken to hanging out in a childrens playground...😥

And we have signs on all the highways, and many miles of fencing, due to the moose population. Luckily I haven't encountered any of them while on those highways....yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Well, there are the teenage versions of homo sapiens  that are loud, obnoxious, and disrespectful that toss their trash in my yard.

That definitely  counts, I think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Nothing being a nuisance at the moment, even the mysterious animals that used to poop all over my lawn have stopped.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Mostly it is just Canada Geese.  Here at work there is a resident pair that set up on a pond we have.  They poop everywhere and attack people trying to eat lunch on the patio or walk on the trail around the pond.  I have strong urges to go goose hunting there with a katana.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

We have had an upsurge of coyotes locally, to the point that permits are not required to eliminate them. Sorry Wile, but if you get close there is a load of #4 waiting for you.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Currently, I have to add homo sapiens to this list. Just one specific older neighbour that really needs a lot of oversight for his own good.

Luckily, social services are taking care of him and he's moving to a old age home soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Along my routes I routinely see pairs of Canadian cobra chickens on the side of the road. Mostly they mind their own business and stay in place when you go by, but occasionally they get it into their thick boneheads to try to fly across when they see you coming and I'd rather not hit a 20 lb. bird at speed. Haven't had a close call yet, but man can they be dumb sometimes.

Same problem here, except they walk slowly across the road, and expect vehicles travelling at 50-60kph to just... Avoid them.  Oh yeah, and they always pick the blind areas around corners to cross at too for some reason... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Birds. They keep pooping on my car, and I just washed it this weekend. *shakes fist in the air*

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

A choice of Coyotes, Raccoons, or Squirrels. 

The coyotes are stalking people one county East of me. Meanwhile, either the squirrels or the raccoons jacked up my internet connection recently. It took Spectrum no less than four visits to find/determine/admit that the wire from the utility pole to the house had critter damage. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Lots of squirrels and birds here, not a nuisance, I feed them. Nothing out of the ordinary so far..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 6:46 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 11,

You need to get rid of a pile of money by making a game show. You can't keep any of the cash for yourself. what sort of game show do you make?

How bad are your medical bills??? Contestants show off their medical bills. At the end, everyone’s bills get paid.

Money would be gone in no time.

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Well, over the winter there was a bunny that was hiding under my vehicles for warmth. Darn critter would poop right by the drivers door. So gross.

I’m told that during the summer, young humans tend to congregate in my work parking lot, throwing trash around, leaning on cars, and sunbathing nude. Not looking forward to that.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TGP said:
16 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

The coyotes are stalking people one county East of me

https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2022/05/03/child-attacked-by-coyote-while-on-his-front-porch-in-white-rock-valley/

This was slightly South of ^ and a bit East of Reaper HQ. 

Headline: Coyote hunts human; Coppers hunt Coyote.  No coyotes were harmed,  but not for lack of trying. 

Edited by TGP
..were..
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

The raccoons never seem to bother my trash, so I can't really call them a nuisance.  Dozens of geese nest on the ponds at work and then proceed to lead their chicks all over the site.  And **** on everything. No safe place to step. Also saw a few deer along the side of the road, but it's been a decade since one of them last attempted to assassinate my car.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1