Getting to know you MAY 2022

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 13,

What is the best doughnut?

I do not buy doughnuts, so the only doughnut is a free one.  That said, there is a local second generation pastry shop that makes excellent doughnuts.  If I were to waste the calories that's where I would go.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 13,

First place:  Apple fritter.  The larger it is, the better.  Something that will last through my entire oversized mug of coffee.

Second place:  Maple bar, with a slice of bacon on top. Tastes like breakfast.

Third place:  Old-fashioned buttermilk bar:  My favorite with coffee.  Only takes third place because it is fairly hard to find in this area.

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts

:upside: Apparently there is no such thing as Dunkin Donuts any longer

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Berliners.

Found them in the supermarket the other week, light, fluffy and not too sweet.

I had to look up Berliners and that led down a donut hole** that resulted in the link above where we learned that Dunkin is done with using the word Donut. 

**instead of a rabbit hole. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

:upside: Apparently there is no such thing as Dunkin Donuts any longer

I had to look up Berliners and that led down a donut hole** that resulted in the link above where we learned that Dunkin is done with using the word Donut. 

**instead of a rabbit hole. 

There is in Ohio, just saw one two days ago.

• Like 8

On 5/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 12,

Tell us about your local nuisance animals, have you seen them cause any interesting trouble recently?

(This question brought to you by the squirrel that managed to knock over a saw horse)

Now work has parking lot snapping turtles. So that's kind of cool and annoying at the same time. 

PXL_20220513_205619197.thumb.jpg.3445137c8f0db2c816347617429bf454.jpg

13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 13,

There's a doughnut shop near here called glaze that has a really great toasted coconut doughnut. Unfortunately it doesn't open till after I need to leave for work, and is in the wrong direction. 

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 13,

Honestly, I don’t much care for donuts, and can generally avoid eating one on the rare occasions when someone brings a box to work. (And that’s been pre-pandemic…)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

Do you prime all your minis? do you use the same primer for all materials? what color or colors do you like to use?

Yes.

Also yes. I do have several different primer type products that I use; all of them seem to work equally well on everything I've used them on.

It depends on the color scheme I've got in mind for the figure. I have white, gray, black, yellow, green, red, and brown to choose from.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

Do you prime all your minis? do you use the same primer for all materials? what color or colors do you like to use?

I do a black wash & white dry brush base coat.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

No, but I do prime more than not prime.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

I prime Bones with brown liner - occasionally blue liner 

Metal / Resin 

rattle can citadel chaos black 

or 

Brush on white primer.  (Pro Acrylic)  - 120 ML 
or Reaper brush on white primer (I might be out) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

Yes, yes, and Dupli-color sandable auto primer in white or grey.  Once in a while I use Reaper brush on if I'm only doing a single figure. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

Yes, I prime all of them. For my GW figures I usually use Leadbelcher spray, though if need be I can use Grey Seer, Corax White or Wraithbone as appropriate. Never use spray primers on Bones, that leads to disaster. I've used brown liner for that ever since we were shown the way by Saint @buglips*the*goblin, blessed be his name.

And yes, I'm aware that casually blessing him may cause him pain and possible spontaneous combustion. It's the goblin way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1