Getting to know you MAY 2022

18 minutes ago, Zink said:

We have a community mailbox like Pezler described beside a small community hall out in the country. It used to be just a bunch of small green boxes that only fit letters and magazines. They upgraded it a few years ago so that the personal boxes were a bit bigger and there are two parcel boxes. The parcel boxes aren't all that big so we still need to go to the post office for anything large or odd shaped. Mail is only delivered twice a week so for much of my life I've timed my trips for the days it was delivered so that my mail wasn't sitting there for days.

What he said except I do read and watch a lot of scifi. 

Well I do read and watch a lot of Scifi also, I love Star Trek, I just like painting Fantasy minis more, so Scifi is a bit of an exception when I paint minis.

I did some though.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78572-50227-dee-dee-astro-girl-with-martian-mindworms-by-glitterwolf/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

How do you prefer your space aliens? Monstery? big eyes and tiny grey bodies? dude wearing a space suit and a weird forehead? something else?

Puppeteer-controlled, a la Farscape. And all the other humanoid types in the show.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

How do you prefer your space aliens? Monstery? big eyes and tiny grey bodies? dude wearing a space suit and a weird forehead? something else?

I like a variety to fit the situation in the story.  Intelligent humanoids who travel through time and space -- great!  Scary giant space bugs who bleed acid -- great!  Little green goblins with psychic powers -- great!  The options are endless, like the universe. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

Ones with big brains.

Screenshot_20220517-100711_Google.thumb.jpg.66fd44068993081a502b88b8d35439bd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Werewolves are always a good candidate...  What, I'm not going to argue with a werewolf, it's a WEREWOLF. 

Sound reasoning.

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

I like a variety to fit the situation in the story.  Intelligent humanoids who travel through time and space -- great!  Scary giant space bugs who bleed acid -- great!  Little green goblins with psychic powers -- great!  The options are endless, like the universe. 

I agree with @Inarah.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well I do read and watch a lot of Scifi also, I love Star Trek, I just like painting Fantasy minis more, so Scifi is a bit of an exception when I paint minis.

I did some though.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78572-50227-dee-dee-astro-girl-with-martian-mindworms-by-glitterwolf/

Me too. My fantasy stuff probably outnumbers scifi 5-6 to 1. I haven't even played with any scifi stuff except some space fleets and Battletech for many years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

There is a giant rambunctious kitten causing havoc down town, chasing cars, batting at things, scratching buildings, and meowing loudly. How do you make it stop?

I'm curious if this means busses will be running in time, or if I'll miss my transfer.  Otherwise I'd probably never hear about it, as I avoid downtown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm curious if this means busses will be running in time, or if I'll miss my transfer.  Otherwise I'd probably never hear about it, as I avoid downtown. 

There is a non zero chance your bus is early because the kitten chased it out of the area

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

There is a giant rambunctious kitten causing havoc down town, chasing cars, batting at things, scratching buildings, and meowing loudly. How do you make it stop?

Grab it by the scruff of its neck!

If it acts like regular size kittens, it'll go into "quiet mode".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

HUGE ball of yarn would do the trick.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1