Getting to know you MAY 2022

39 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

There is a giant rambunctious kitten causing havoc down town, chasing cars, batting at things, scratching buildings, and meowing loudly. How do you make it stop?

Why would I want to make it stop? That sounds awesome. And bonus, I grow a huge plot of catnip every year, way more than I need for my own feline terrors. So now I've got somewhere else to use it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catch up again....

On 5/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 13,

What is the best doughnut?

On 5/14/2022 at 10:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 14,

Do you prime all your minis? do you use the same primer for all materials? what color or colors do you like to use?

Yes.  Liners for Bones.

Usually airbrush for everything else, unless I need a colour matched rattle can.

Usually grey or black/grey/white zenithal.  I'm using Army Painter Air grey primer currently for the tanks I'm priming.  If I do zenithal I use Stynylrez.

I do have a few coloured primers I use from time to time, and army green, a sand, a dark brown..... 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:55 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 15,

What's something about painting, building, or sculpting miniatures that you wish you knew when you were getting started? 

Hmm, probably learning about pinning earlier.  A lot of my early stuff get arms reglued a few times....

On 5/16/2022 at 9:53 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 16,

Do you have a mailbox? Do packages fit in it or is it just for letters?

(totally inspired by my new stargrave book waiting outside for 5 hours during expected tornadoes)

We have one of those little letter box sized ones.  If the package, like the replacement punch out board from Infinity Defiance's KS that arrived yesterday) is big and flat (this was 12"x12") they will stick it in there and leave the flap open.  Anything bigger "usually" goes on the little table we have beside the door, although some insist on putting it on the mat instead.
Luckily we have a very deeply sheltered entryway so even if something sits out there for a few hours it will stay dry, unless the wind is blowing from the direction it almost never blows from....

On 5/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

How do you prefer your space aliens? Monstery? big eyes and tiny grey bodies? dude wearing a space suit and a weird forehead? something else?

Yes!

28 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

There is a giant rambunctious kitten causing havoc down town, chasing cars, batting at things, scratching buildings, and meowing loudly. How do you make it stop?

Biggest laser pointer I can find to lead it to the nearest sports field, where we'll have used the chalk line drawer to make a big box in the field.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Why would I want to make it stop? That sounds awesome. And bonus, I grow a huge plot of catnip every year, way more than I need for my own feline terrors. So now I've got somewhere else to use it!

I agree with @Thoramel 100%!  ::P:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

Food usually gets their attention.  Then they fall asleep. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

Put fresh litter in the litter box, that'll draw it's attention away... for about 2 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

DH says "Drive to Cawker City, Kansas and get the giant ball of twine." 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Biggest laser pointer I can find to lead it to the nearest sports field, where we'll have used the chalk line drawer to make a big box in the field.

You beat me to it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

Give it a giant bag of catnip. The results would be much more entertaining. :devil:

What, you think I'd really try to get the adorable ball of fluffy destruction to stop? Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What, you think I'd really try to get the adorable ball of fluffy destruction to stop? Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I agree with @Thoramel 100%!  ::P:

9 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I make a giant batch of popcorn. Enough to share with @Pezler the Polychromatic @Chaoswolf and @Thoramel

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

Then the four of us watch the fun.

We could have a pool on how long it takes for somebody to think of leaving an open shipping container for the kitten to "explore".

Then all they gotta do is shut the doors behind it.

Edited by TGP
#teamkitteh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

May 19,

Well now that I have threatened your cities with a kitten, what sort of giant monster would you like to see go on a rampage?

(posting this early because work starts at an unreasonable hour tomorrow)

• Like 5

On 5/17/2022 at 5:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

How do you prefer your space aliens? Monstery? big eyes and tiny grey bodies? dude wearing a space suit and a weird forehead? something else?

cantina-creatures-1536x864-201224740128.

This entire scene in Star Wars pretty much sums up my idea of aliens.

Thou there was this movie:

On 5/17/2022 at 11:08 AM, SparrowMarie said:

Ones with big brains.

Screenshot_20220517-100711_Google.thumb.jpg.66fd44068993081a502b88b8d35439bd.jpg

These were a favorite as well. ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!

15 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

Yah, no need to stop kitty. Just avoid ProSoul Games, & I'll let you play all you want.

Ontario could use a real excuse to actually do some improvements downtown besides wasting taxpayer money on projects they think are needed.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Well now that I have threatened your cities with a kitten, what sort of giant monster would you like to see go on a rampage?

An A.I. **Controlled Gigantic Martian Tripod vrs Robotic Godzilla

…all those rivets, so….. many, rivets. 

Edited by TGP
**There is no Martian inside to get sick, it’s all computers, electric brains…
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1