Getting to know you MAY 2022

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Well now that I have threatened your cities with a kitten, what sort of giant monster would you like to see go on a rampage?

A sloth. It'll be a slow rampage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 18,

There is a giant rambunctious kitten causing havoc down town, chasing cars, batting at things, scratching buildings, and meowing loudly. How do you make it stop?

By introducing a Giant Puppy to it to chase the Kitten Away.

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Well now that I have threatened your cities with a kitten, what sort of giant monster would you like to see go on a rampage?

(posting this early because work starts at an unreasonable hour tomorrow)

Well, see above.

We now have a Giant Puppy peeing against skyscrapers, chasing cars, chewing on trees and barking so loud windows will shatter.

ALL HAIL WOOF!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Well, I was going to suggest adding a puppy to yesterday's scenario, but somebody beat me to it (grumble, grumble, time zones ::P:), so instead, I'm going to turn it up to 11.

Add a puppy AND a toddler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

May 19,

A flumph, of course. As per usual, it's actually super friendly but it's just misunderstood, and naturally the unreasoning fear of humans causes them to attack pre-emptively.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

May 19,

A giant Canadian Cobra Chicken.

It's scariest power would be to spawn regular sized ones. Lots of them.

It was genetically created by accident by a conglomerate of car washes (i.e. Big Carwa) trying to increase revenue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Let's send in the giant ferret!  It'll rampage on for what seems an eternity, until all of a sudden it spots a rather nice place to nap, leaps towards it... Aaaaand falls asleep halfway through said leap, then barely responds to you even if you offer treats because it's nap time now! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2022 at 6:55 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 15,

What's something about painting, building, or sculpting miniatures that you wish you knew when you were getting started? 

To prime before paint. My first metal minis have chipping paint because I didn’t know to prime.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:53 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 16,

Do you have a mailbox? Do packages fit in it or is it just for letters?

(totally inspired by my new stargrave book waiting outside for 5 hours during expected tornadoes)

Currently, I live in an apartment that has mailbox lockers and package lockers. The mailbox locker is pretty big, but what doesn’t fit in there they put a key in the box for one of the package lockers. And if it doesn’t fit in there they usually drop it off at my door.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 17,

How do you prefer your space aliens? Monstery? big eyes and tiny grey bodies? dude wearing a space suit and a weird forehead? something else?

Yes. All of the above, plus some.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

Beavers. My downtown area has a big river meandering next to it. Introduce some giant beavers and they'll have that sucker dammed up in no time. Then, instead of an annoying urban heat island, downtown becomes a giant wetland. And I just love the idea of everyone having to buy waders to get into their office. 

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

A giant Canadian Cobra Chicken.

It's scariest power would be to spawn regular sized ones. Lots of them.

It was genetically created by accident by a conglomerate of car washes (i.e. Big Carwa) trying to increase revenue.

That's just terrifying.

RDT_20220519_0811081404031815403958453.thumb.jpg.7e05e15a9a71dc7457b0bc5c270a1aac.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 19,

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, I was going to suggest adding a puppy to yesterday's scenario, but somebody beat me to it (grumble, grumble, time zones ::P:), so instead, I'm going to turn it up to 11.

Add a puppy AND a toddler.

This is THE answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Beavers. My downtown area has a big river meandering next to it. Introduce some giant beavers and they'll have that sucker dammed up in no time. Then, instead of an annoying urban heat island, downtown becomes a giant wetland. And I just love the idea of everyone having to buy waders to get into their office. 

That's just terrifying.

RDT_20220519_0811081404031815403958453.thumb.jpg.7e05e15a9a71dc7457b0bc5c270a1aac.jpg

Looks more like a Canadian Goose Cobra.  Much more frightening.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Where is @kristof65 when we need him!?

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

That's just terrifying.

Hooo-o-oonk !!

image.png.f895257bb08cabfca21fa088871f0d6e.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 20,

Have you ever heard a graduation speech that was good? What did they talk about. 

I recall thinking at the time that Mr. Singleton did a good job at my HS graduation, But! I remember not a word of it so, if it was not memorable can it have been any good?

I had to speak (no choice; it was compulsory) at my HS graduation and my own effort was pathetic and dreadful. And, almost as short as Nobel Laureate Jack Kilby’s standard ‘long speech’. 

I have been to no other graduations that presented anything worth hearing. 

But go learn about Jack *Kilby. He changed your life. 

*The electrical engineer and Nobel Laureate Kilby not the comic book guy Kirby**

Edited by TGP
**don’t be waylaid by Autocorrupt as I was.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 20,

Have you ever heard a graduation speech that was good? What did they talk about. 

Unfortunately no. It seems like it would be the place to hear a good speech, what with all those recently graduated smart people and all. But no, every one I've seen has either been inspirational nonsense that has no bearing on real life, or cynical blabber that focuses on criticizing the inspirational nonsense. Or poetry readings, which from my experience are generally done to make the speaker feel special and not the audience. I've got multiple degrees and I've only bothered to sit through one of my own graduations. And that's only because my mom wanted to see me do the whole walk up and get my diploma thing.

But that opinion is probably just my general grumpiness showing through. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1