Getting to know you MAY 2022

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

The surveillance site, the bush, and the officer's unlimited refill coffee mug are all the same age.

You never ever, ever, EVER mess with a LEO, Firefighter or military NCO's coffee cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 28,

Badly describe something technical, or technically describe something badly.

Collect the parts and expose them to heat at 220 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes.

Enjoy your Lasagna.

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 29,

Stick at least 3 different vehicles together to make a land vehicle. Tell us about it. 

Posted waaaay early cause there is no way I'm waking up on time tomorrow. 

I always like stuff like this, technically it also involves an animal but I love this kind of stuff:

So probably a mix of an Undead Ship or Carriage drawn by an abomination and having loads of cannons/crossbows etc?

You Monster! Do you have any idea what you just did by asking this question?

Now I want to convert and build something big/undead/monstrous combined with a vehocle or ship.

I do not have time for it....But it would be so cool....oohhhhh ideas ideas...

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-29 093658.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-29 094223.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-29 094441.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-29 094627.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 29,

Stick at least 3 different vehicles together to make a land vehicle. Tell us about it. 

We will start with a Chevy Corvette body style C3; but it gets scaled up until it has ground clearance and hip room, leg room, and headroom (and tires!) more like an F-250 Ford pickup; then to finish it off it gets a tail fin from a Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird. 

We will call it the: Morevette. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 29,

Posted waaaay early cause there is no way I'm waking up on time tomorrow. 

Doof-Warrior-Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Warner@1400x1050.thumb.jpg.2782049aff1b154d0ac98f8f46a47e27.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

For games, do you prefer flat maps, a mix of map and sculpted terrain, or only sculpted terrain?

What's the best map or terrain you've seen?

Board games are better with flat terrain, D&D too. Too many hands on too small of a board. Plus, you can't see the markers as easily with 3D terrain. That said, the limited edition 3D Settlers of Catan looked amazing. My FLGS brought one in for a couple and I got to see it. Very expensive, but really neat. I also really like those empire tiles GW made for their campaign map. If someone knows of a 3D printer knockoff, let me know. 

I've seen some really great wargaming terrain. Some of it might work better as a diorama. I'm in love with some Egyptian Hirst Arts projects other people have done. There's one of a modular dungeon that is amazing and someone has a photobucket with some beautiful fountains. One of my all time favorite boards is in GW's Arnor LotR supplement. I was floored by it back then, and I still am.  

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

For games, do you prefer flat maps, a mix of map and sculpted terrain, or only sculpted terrain?

Mix is best.

35 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30.

Several years ago at Origins there was a map from the Lord of the Rings.  It was one of the battles mentioned in Return of the King but only in passing.  It was a keep about three feet high with a river and a bridge in front of it.  The detail was like the bigature sets in the movie.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

I prefer sculpted  terrain.

Since I am not rich, I'll make do with whatever is available.

I don't remember names or where I saw it, but the best I've seen is the one that is a giant table with a town, castle, wilderness, and a mega dungeon.

ETA:

Google Ryan Devoto, you'll get a lot of results that will show you pictures of what I'm talking about.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

My main hobby is supposed to be miniatures games, so I am naturally inclined toward sculpted terrain.  If I were running D&D at the moment, I’d go for a few sculpted pieces on an erasable battle mat for encounters where tactics might matter, and I’d rather not knock things over onto board games …

I’ve seen some pretty impressive terrain at the conventions, so it would be pretty hard to choose.

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 8