Getting to know you MAY 2022

On 5/28/2022 at 7:29 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 28,

Badly describe something technical, or technically describe something badly.

Place instrument perpendicular to the desired boring material and apply downward pressure greater than the surface tension of said material. Once device has punctured your desired surface to a depth of at least 12 inches (30.5 cm) rotate device in a clockwise, or counterclockwise, rotation no fewer than one times. Retract device and move to a position parallel with boring material and locate material extraction device. Using material extraction device remove a portion of your sample for analysis. Visually analyze material and, if necessary, compare to visual aid confirming the redox characteristics of your desired boring material. Repeat as necessary.

This is for a soil probe and in normal terms would be something like this: take the probe, push it into the dirt, twirl it around a bit, push the soil plug out with any nearby stick, and see what color it is.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:55 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 29,

Stick at least 3 different vehicles together to make a land vehicle. Tell us about it. 

Posted waaaay early cause there is no way I'm waking up on time tomorrow. 

A Boston Dynamics dog robot, a gondola, and a unicycle. I'm imagining a open passenger compartment steered from the back with legs on each side to walk over stuff and a retractable tire in the bottom for when you need to go faster than the legs will allow

On 5/30/2022 at 8:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

For games, do you prefer flat maps, a mix of map and sculpted terrain, or only sculpted terrain?

What's the best map or terrain you've seen?

I prefer sculpted terrain, but we use a mix of gaming mats and easily transportable scenery. I think the best set up I've ever seen was a Wyrd Miniatures gaming board at Origins many years ago. It was an old west set up with detailed tracks and elevated houses. Looked like a blast to play on.

30 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 31,

what is the next question I will ask you?

Why? Just, why?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 31,

There is a bit of an urban legend story my friend told me about when she was in college. She took a philosophy course (and hated it), but she said the final exam question was: "Why?" Apparently the kid who got the highest mark wrote: "Why not?" and left the room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 31,

IDK

But you are now obligated to post one for May 32nd, just because. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Who should I pawn this gig off onto to become the next Quisitor?

Oo Oo Oo!! I can answer this one!

(reminds me I need to find a question for tomorrow....)

• Haha 9

Big ol catch up (things have been busy)

On 5/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 20,

Have you ever heard a graduation speech that was good? What did they talk about. 

No.  For people doing speeches, or say *looks at other monitor* morning status meetings....I have no attention span.  So generally have no idea what they talk about.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 21,

You need to get a crew together for a heist. Who are you bringing and what is the score. 

There will be a follow up question tomorrow.

Pinky and the Brain.  Not sure what the heist is, but Brain insists it is critical to taking over the world....

On 5/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 22,

So about that heist, how'd you and the crew screw it up?

We couldn't find a duck in lederhosen at that time of night.....

On 5/23/2022 at 10:52 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 23,

What animal would you most want to see at a petting zoo?

Tribbles.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:09 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 24,

You walk without rhythm to not attract the sand worm, but how do you avoid attracting a space worm?

Hang out with the space whales.  The worms avoid them.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 25,

What is the biggest thing you have thrown? What is the heaviest thing you have thrown? 

Biggest? Giant beachball type thing at some camp for the kids ....
Heaviest? likely myself, over the handlebars of bike, back in the day.  Still have shoulder issues.....

On 5/26/2022 at 10:08 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 26,

There is a lizard in a clear plastic cup with a lid on it. The cup has a label "no ice, no milk, lizard, for lizard" what do you do with the cup and lizard.

also are there lizards where you live? which kind?

I give it to the tortoise on it's back....

There are no lizards here.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:23 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 27,

How old were you when you first used the internet? What is the first thing you remember doing on there?

I was on BBS's a couple of times in the late 80s (they were almost all long distance.

When I started university in 89 I have internet access.  New groups, FTP sites and MUDs were the order of the day.
Early 90s another student showed me the 3 web sites on the planet used for proof of concept for HTTP.  It was painfully slow and seemed impractical.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:29 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 28,

Badly describe something technical, or technically describe something badly.

Nothing I can come up with beats my Mom, who'd call and say "It's doing that thing."
This means that she has switched from insert to overtype mode in Word.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:55 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 29,

Stick at least 3 different vehicles together to make a land vehicle. Tell us about it. 

Posted waaaay early cause there is no way I'm waking up on time tomorrow. 

Hmm, haven't been able to find a pic of "Grampy's" truck.  Older member of our rescue team has a personal truck that's made from at least, if not more, vehicles.  It's gotta be 25 feet long.....

On 5/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 30,

For games, do you prefer flat maps, a mix of map and sculpted terrain, or only sculpted terrain?

What's the best map or terrain you've seen?

I prefer a mix for tabletop minis games.  Fully sculpted boards are awesome, but are hard to store or transport.
There are a bunch of really amazing Star Wars Legion tables out there.  And getting into Bolt Action I've seem some incredible stuff there too.

But go check out Zorpazorp's youtube channel.  Their massive Lord of the Rings builds are just amazing.

23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 31,

After this one?  I suspect something on the first of the month, later in this year......so "How was your summer?"

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1