Getting to know you MAY 2022

29 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

TACOS! What's your favorite kind? What sides do you like with them?

I like the one sided tacos with salsa.  (Also known as corn chips)  Mexican food just does not agree with my body or taste buds.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 4:

What do you know about card games? Know any unusual ones? have you ever won at faro? Did you cheat?

Not much, I mostly just play computer Solitaire these days.

I did used to know how to play Cripple Mr. Onion (From the Discworld series) but that was a long time ago 

Never heard of Faro.

27 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

I like the crunchy kind (but my gums don't!), I tend to go fairly basic:- meat, salad, cheese, salsa.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

We tend to do soft tacos or burrito style.  Sides? *shrugs* tacos are tacos, hard to say no to tacos! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

I'm rather boring I guess; basic tacos with hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes,  cheese,  black olives,  and salsa is probably my favorite. 

We don't make sides to go with them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

May 5:

I am more of a burrito Guy...I like all sorts of burritos though, especially bean burritos.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

May 5:

My favorite kind of taco is whatever kind is in front of me!

For sides you definitely need some chips and homemade salsa, refried beans with a little cheese in them, corn pudding, jicama, Spanish rice, and a little bit of tequila. 

Damn, my mouth is watering now. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

I don't think I've ever eaten a "proper" taco. It's not something I have much experience with. We have very few Mexican restaurants to begin with, and all the Taco Bells in the province closed down last winter.

So I've only ever had tacos from cafeterias or ordinary store bought shells with stuff from the fridge.

Turns out my "favourite" side is whatever fell back on my plate while trying to eat them. And not by choice.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

May 5:

I don’t often eat tacos, but when I do, I prefer soft-shelled tacos.  Fairly standard toppings:  Grilled beef or chicken, refried beans,  shredded cheese, lettuce & onion, sour cream and salsa verde.  Have those ready when I come visit!

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

May 5:

I’m not getting a picture to load; about 5 days a week a Mexican taco trailer sets up about a hundred yards from my front door, so I eat the tacos that are set before me. 

You have the choice of beef, pork, or chorizo. If you ask for everything they come in a double layer of small corn tortillas, and include meat, cilantro, and raw onions. Sautéed onions, a hard fried tortilla, sauce (hot or mild) and a wedge of citrus are on the side to add to taste.  I have decided that I like the pork best, but I’ll order beef if they are there tomorrow, for variety. 

Apart from having a cooler of soft drinks, that’s what you can have.  Last time I tried a bottle of Mexican mandarin orange soda, which was ok. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

The Crunchy Shell kind filled with Ground Beef, Mais, Salad, Kidney Beans, Chopped Tomato and Onion and Chilisauce with Grated  Cheese.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

May 5:

I don't like tacos. I'm more of a burrito/chimi kinda dude. Tacos are too messy, I hate messy food (it's an OCD thing).

I'm not picky on the ingredients in a burrito, though. They're a regular delivery device for leftovers, so even things like thanksgiving burritos (which are amazing btw, turkey/potato/cranberry/dressing).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

May 5:

Kind: Beef

Sides???! WTFrackery!  :upside:  Side dishes with tacos! If you are having Tacos then eat tacos! Plural, multiple, but just tacos. 

Every prior answer has been AS IF the question was:

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

TACOS! What's your favorite kind? What [toppings] do you like [on] them?

Sometimes I feel like I don’t read or write the same language as every one else. Forget the Kings English…

It seems I speak Pendrake’s English. 
:upside:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

May 5:

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There once was a time when the taco place had a Super Taco, which was a hard shell taco wrapped in a soft shell taco with refried beans between them. Delicious.

I've never eaten from that taco place, but this is how I prefer mine. Avoids the mess of the crunchy shell breaking on the first bite and leaking everywhere. The beans and soft shell are like a pocket protector... a taco protector, if you will.

Basics are all I like on my tacos. Ground beef (or turkey, depending on my stomach that day), tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese. And absolutely NO sour cream. You put sour cream on my taco and we're having a discussion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1