STERN!!!!!

wtwest

I've had this mini half done for about four months. I had the base and pants done. I finally got the gumption and started the flesh. And boy there is a lot of it. I started with a bronze flesh base coat, followed by a light flesh ink wash. I then followed with bronze flesh, with several different high lights of added white to the base color. He turned out alright. I'd justlike to find a Captain Stern type mini to go along with him. The flesh was a step to get ready for one of my next project, a Thrud mini. I have him primed, so hopefully it won't take me as long paint as Hanover here did. Now to figure out my Winter Reaper Exchange mini to paint. Let's see,....something along the fantasy line.

WTWest

post-4-1094520636.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what's up with the orb? He looks pretty pissed about having dropped it, so it must be important :poke:

I like the contrast in the color choices...thanks for taking the time to tell a little about how you did it. I always like to see names of paints to go with the pictures, helps me to plot out my next perfect blend.

In the movie Heavy Metal the story revolves around man's greed. More specifically man greed over possesions. The green ball is the symbol of this greed. In in typical man like fasion he is eventually destroyed over his needs to have or rather to posses this green ball of incomprehensible evil. Every time it kills someone the movie jumps to the next victim. One of those stories relates to an officer who is being tried for many evil deeds, Stern.

I love that movie and the conversion is just as good!

Very nice skin tones and the green ball wow, very well done!

Fantastic job on the Hanover Fist.

Now if only someone made a good figure for Stern. I don't know of one, but I'll keep a lookout for it.

I also recommend the Heavy Metal movie. Should be available on DVD.

Took forever to come out on video tape and LaserDisk, because supposedly the movie studio never negotiated the home video rights for the music. (only negotiated for the theatrical release and the cable rights. Home video wasn't a sigificant market in 1981 when it was released, the LD came out in 1996.)

I must've been really... um... loaded...yeah, loaded

I saw Heavy metal at least twice...but all I remember from that movie is some cartoon with a flying saucer? above the White House? I don't remember actually...

I saw it in my teens which means I most likely saw the "enhanced" version :wow:

Must check it out again now that I'm more sober. *releases Whiskey and Coke long enought to type last sentence*

Didn't they release a later Heavy Metal in the late 90's as well, or was that an updated version of the old one? Don't bother answering, I'll just google it. The "Scrying Mirror" of the 21st Century lol. Thanks anyways

I did my Hanover Fistes model a while back, and have been searching for a decent Captain Sternn. I did mine in wreckage, so it's during/post rampage. You can see him here.

I thinka true 25mm model would work much better for Sternn - and I've been looking for pulp or naval admiral characters for a while and haven't found anything that quite fits, but when I do, I'll post up a link. I think I am going to scratch build his little robot/drone companion as well.

You can still find the Captain Sternn comics around, by Bernie Wrightson.. definately good stuff and worth picking up if you see it.

Great minds ;)

I like the the paint job. Technique wise, I think you did a great job with the flesh. I would say you could use a couple more highlight in certain key areas, but great layering nonetheless. However, it does seem a bit too orange for my tastes. I tend to avoid bronze flesh for this reason. When you do Thrud, I would suggest mixing your own fleshtone and then applying the same technique.