Ildraedis as a blue dragon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I like the bright scales in contrast with the desert base and wings. 

Glad you're feeling well enough to paint and enjoy the hobby some. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:38 AM, Darcstaar said:

Great mini to get back into it!  I like the sensible camouflage choice of desert brown outer wing and sky blue underwing.

Thanks!  I don't know what is in my worlds deserts but all of my blue dragons seem to need both ambush and protective camouflage!   

On 5/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, Count Urlik said:

The wings really are nice, but those scales are outstanding!

I appreciate the c9mpliment.  I was going to do just a fade from dark ti light bottom to top but the scales were so well defined and sharp I couldn't resist.  The dragon has three sets of blues, the scales are the ocean triad, the back and belly scales are the indigo triad and the wings are the sky triad.  I really like how the set came out.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, Inarah said:

Very nice. I like the bright scales in contrast with the desert base and wings. 

Glad you're feeling well enough to paint and enjoy the hobby some. 

It's nice to paint something though it's still taking me more time and I can't paint for as long as I used to.  Hopefully it will continue to get better!

On 5/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, Iridil said:

Love the coloring - the touch of green on the face is a particularily nice touch. Great work on this dragon, inspiring!

Thanks, Im glad you like him,  I try to give all my dragons a flash of contrast, I like the effect and it seems more realistic 

On 5/3/2022 at 3:48 PM, Fencig said:

lovely paint, so many blues

Sculpt is a little odd, who makes Ildraedis?

The Sculpt is from  the Bones 5 kickstarter but he doesn't have a number yet.  It's one of the 5 extra dragons.  I think he was supposed to be white but the base and scales screamed  BLUE so he became a blue desert dragon ::D:

19 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great job on him! 

Also, nice to see you painting again.::):

Thanks!  Good to be actually finishing something this year.  It's been a rough one and I'm hoping this is a sign that things are returning to normal! 

• Like 1