Tengu Warrior and Tengu Rogue, 03774 and 03698

Clearing out some old photos from a Beastfolk shoot. Do birds count as Beasts? It depends if you mean Animals, or Mammals; the connotations vary.

But what doesn't vary is that these little crowfellas are hella rad!

DSCN9476.thumb.JPG.920f1ab24cec9c553eb914bee6e6c9ed.JPG

Look at those beady eyes, corvid beaks, samurai armor! I tried to give the rogue's feathers a blue-green shimmer and the fighter a purple sheen using drybrushed metallics. They're very detailed sculpts but still painter-friendly.

DSCN9478.thumb.JPG.ae988c259ec4725edd544fe3a5728411.JPG

DSCN9479.thumb.JPG.749aae69474888314829b79fdf65d72e.JPG

DSCN9477.thumb.JPG.f8e97aa739f890f71f010b7dd591113a.JPG

A bit shorter than the average Reaper human but a bit taller than the average Reaper dwarf; seen here with O-Sayumi (60191). 

DSCN9481.thumb.JPG.6621845272e926d6996e1705431a594e.JPG

Hope you enjoy; I sure did!

• Like 19

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are cool...your metallic dry-brushing on the feathers is a great idea.

I'm loving the eyes, too. I've recently found that a tiny white dot to simulate reflection really adds a lot to beady little bird eyes. You've demonstrated that nicely with these guys.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Zira
      First Reaper minis I've painted! Pretty proud of how the spider turned out! I tried to get an iridescent look on the crow, but I couldn't quite figure it out 😅
      Constructive critiques welcome!

• By Glitterwolf
      Design Artisan Guild
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Got into the zone and painted it in one go today.
      Decided to paint him as a Phoenix Warrior.

Hope you like it.
      Part of my Shifting Sands Project: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/

There are many strange and wonderful creatures in the Desert.
      Rumours are a Phoenix exists there, some people even tell wild tales of a small tribe of hybrid offspring, half Phoenix, half Man.
      Such tales are best discarded as the fairy tales they clearly are.

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild Gryphkin Infiltrators printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Torii gate and lamps from Zenith/Kensei.

These are Tengu in my Asian themed project, Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon.
      WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/15/#comments

If you need to take care of a "difficult" target, bring out The Three!
      Two brothers and a sister, specialized in stealth attacks.
      Blade, bow or magic, whatever it takes, they will succeed!

• By Rigel
      Masaki here (03524) is simply a wonderful, clean, dynamic sculpt, and a perfect foil for O-Sayumi (60191). While you were learning the virtues of the carp, he studied the BLADE. 

Did some image searches for Edo-period prints of storm clouds, lightning, and rough seas. Not perfectly satisfied with the ocean aspects of his robe, but the lightning and clouds will do for now. 

Click for more angles:

"Again we meet! So, the shogun sent you to kill me. He chose assassins well. Your strikes--swifter than the winter wind!"

"And yet no swifter than you parry! But no, Masaki. You fight like twenty wolves. The shogun would never have you killed." 
      "Then who?!"

(If there's one thing the genre teaches us, it is that this will not go well for Masaki.) 

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted up this one for @Auberon as his Secret Sophie figure. Sadly life hit really hard and kept hitting so I just now finished it and got it to him. I also was attempting things (freehand, black hair, NMM) that I was not totally comfortable with so that slowed me down a bit. Overall I am very happy with how everything turned out. I do see room for improvement but I feel like I am headed in the right direction.

Any C&C would be appreciated.