Stripping GW resin?

Can anyone tell me if GW resin reacts to poorly to LA Cleaner, if i were to strip a painted model?  

Someone wanted me to repaint their model, but the paint on it may be too thick for me to reprime without losing detail. 

Anyone have a good suggestion if not LA Cleaner or Simple Green?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be fine. Neither one is acetone or organic solvent based. If you're worried, just put it in for a short amount of time, scrub it, and evaluate.

I'm assuming this is a GW Finecast mini? It isn't different than any other two-part casting resin.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for for posting such a clear picture of the results. 

Q: why is his shield still painted, was that paint different? tougher paint?

@TGP i was not sure about that either. I had to call my friend who asked me to paint it, "why is the shield black?"  It was primed differently than the rest of the model originally.  I also couldn't get all the paint out of the lettering recesses, but there's plenty of detail and depth for me to work with to all paint effectively. I was a bit struck by that shield too once i got everything else off.  Why won't this come off?  But one i realized it was fine for me to prime over, i just went with it.