Jump to content

OPR Grimdark Future


Recommended Posts

Anyone else playing this?

 

I think we have converted most of our 40K players to it.

 

Well, converted our EX 40K players to it.

 

We had a bunch of folks that dropped 40K when the new edition dropped.

 

Liking it a lot. I mean a LOT.

 

We joined the Patreon for the fantasy minis, but hot damn! The Not-40K is so damned good!

 

We just printed a Jackal loaner warband for Stargrave and GD:FF.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played GF:F a couple of times and found it absolutely delightful.  

Trying to get some locals into their Age of Fantasy Regiments game because I miss my square base action.  We'll see.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, Cygnwulf said:

I've played GF:F a couple of times and found it absolutely delightful.  

Trying to get some locals into their Age of Fantasy Regiments game because I miss my square base action.  We'll see.....

The Regiments game is fast I like it, but am finding Rank and Flank a harder sell than the other games.

 

The Auld Grump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Regiments game is fast I like it, but am finding Rank and Flank a harder sell than the other games.

 

The Auld Grump

 

Yeah, that's what I'm running in to as well.  I like that kind of game, but skirmish games are a little more forgiving when it comes to unit placement and so that's what most people seem to prefer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I'm going to try and get my 40k playing friends into this today. It's got to be better even if I don't understand why wounds and melee ability have to be special rules instead of stats. Is 1000pts a good intro level?

1k is fine. most of my games have been about 1500. it'll get you a few squads, a few leaders and a vehicle or monster in most armies. 

 

Just gonna recommend maybe restrict the really huge monsters/tanks in your first game. They can be hard to deal with till you have a good understanding of how the rules work.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One friend had something come up so I played instead of just running the game.  Even with it being a first game and given we did use the Bolt Action dice pull for activations, a1000pts game went quick.  As to @Werkrobotwerk's advice, I would say that 2+ armor saves mean a hell of a lot more than they do in modern 40k.

    Good time was had by all.  My friend was certainly turned from a bit skeptical towards evangelizing GDR to anyone standing nearby.  "Look at these rules"  "They have an army builder and it's free"  "They put your special rules on the sheet", etc. etc.

 

On 6/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

The Regiments game is fast I like it, but am finding Rank and Flank a harder sell than the other games.

 

The Auld Grump

 

Haven't looked at this.  As a Kings of War fan how would your compare it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lowlylowlycook said:

One friend had something come up so I played instead of just running the game.  Even with it being a first game and given we did use the Bolt Action dice pull for activations, a1000pts game went quick.  As to @Werkrobotwerk's advice, I would say that 2+ armor saves mean a hell of a lot more than they do in modern 40k.

    Good time was had by all.  My friend was certainly turned from a bit skeptical towards evangelizing GDR to anyone standing nearby.  "Look at these rules"  "They have an army builder and it's free"  "They put your special rules on the sheet", etc. etc.

 

yep. Having wounds greater than 6 can also be a big deal till you get used to how it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...