help with replacement paints

Toddler decided they wanted to paint without me and did a whole bunch of palette filling. Unfortunately that paint couldn't go back on the bottles.

I know some paints are oop, so I'll be looking at the list in this forum. But there's some paints I really liked. I'm limited by what's in stock locally, which means one location that carries non GW paints.

I'm periodocally going to post aboit stuff that I no longer have enough to paint to try and get suggestions for replacemrnts that people have liked. This is really brutal for me budget wise so... ugh

Maybe I'll have a few hours to go through things later today.

• Sad 4

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I know some paints are oop, so I'll be looking at the list in this forum. But there's some paints I really liked. I'm limited by what's in stock locally, which means one location that carries non GW paints.

Do you have an andriod/i device?

Assuming you don't already know about it, the paintRack app (from Courageous Octopus) is pretty handy at trying to find equivalents.  The full version is pretty cheap, too: only about the cost of a bottle of paint.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just so I can keep track of it somewhere. Will order on laptop some other time. Had ANOTHER spill, though not much.

* brown liner,  an old bottle that I think separated and I use for thin off blacks... have a replacement already

* 09070 mahogany brown half

*09221 olive skin low

* alien goo low

09426 charred brown low

29840 garnet red HD 5% I used this a lot so need to check comparable list

09019 midnight blue half

09024 amethyst purple 33%

29844 blue flame HD25% used a lot recently

09454shining Mithril 50%

09057 ashen blue 33-50% heavy use

09158 olive shadow 75%

09144 creamy ivory 33% a lot of use recently have some off white but..

Vallejo

* 72140 heavy skintone 5%

72039 plague brown half

33 livery green half

72013 squid pink 5%

72154 heavy sienna 75%

Secret weapon

Storm Cloud 1% never used this greatest victim of toddler experiments? Would love suggestions for this one have no idea what it looks like.

Edited by lexomatic

Posted (edited)

09285 denim blue 25%

09207 true silver. I have some metallics. Not the worst

29849 umber brown HD 25% mostly a toddler

09435 skeleton bone

09073 chestnut gold 25% I think I got a replacement already

09045 tanned highlight 33% I have always used this a lot

09049 ancient bronze

Secret weapon

handle wood 20% sigh

Dark wood 33%

Vallejo

Sombre grey -20% I think  this is just me

I think I lucked out. Most other stuff seems to be dirty but not emptied. Though some bottles are now unreadable.

Well looks like I can get replacements for the secret weapon stuff. And the Vallejo is easy to get.

Will just need replacements for the Reaper stuff.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Sad 1

When I get home after work, I will check my back up inventory; I may have a few of these OOP colors that i'd be willing to let go of. Lots of the colors in your list are still in production and can be found on the site though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:20 PM, crowsandbones said:

When I get home after work, I will check my back up inventory; I may have a few of these OOP colors that i'd be willing to let go of. Lots of the colors in your list are still in production and can be found on the site though.

My issue is affordability and frequency. Today again, in the space of 2 minutes , my toddler just dumped out ALL my acrylic inks. So the ones i just received in replacement that I got on sale, plus the 12 or so that I previously had collected on clearance prices. So that's 100$ I need to replace. I'm very much close to quitting. I have no time to paint. No time to organize my paints so my kid can't do this. Never been able to game with my minis. Have no hope of being able to do anything with this pile. It is completely gutting.

• Sad 5

If you start a GoFundMe, let me know by PM.  

You have enough friends here that a series of small donations could help replenish that paint collection. 

• Like 1