Urian, Human Fighter Reaper DHL Metal 03104

Super fun to paint, all Reaper Paints, the base is Vallejo- Sandy Paste with a Reaper sandy tan base coat and Minotaur hide wash.   The shoulder armor is powderburn brown with powderburn brown+drops of leather brown for highlights.   Really liked the armors color, I have been wanting to use that color.  Really happy with the eyes first mini in about 2 dozen whose eyes don’t looked like the guy was kicked in the side of the head by a horse. Shield looked spiffy too, which is key to any self respecting spartan 

E1AEC211-396D-4CB5-9CE4-A7F414D25943.jpeg

72EB81B0-9F7A-4380-94EA-B9593D8DDE68.jpeg

4C33FDDF-079A-4C5E-92A1-5321BACA5B7B.jpeg

C7AD29B6-F992-4798-B9B3-F65D6750FAF1.jpeg

• Like 22

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Very nice work! This fella is going on the wishlist for sure. 

Thanks.  I’m gonna see if there are others that are similar.  I pinned the shield/hand to the arm. Superglue wouldn’t last by itself.  He’ll be on the table top in a week or so.   I didn’t pin the scabbard, hopefully it won’t handled 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rigel said:

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole...if you are looking for similar, see 
https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/77699
https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/02738
https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/02790
Happy hunting!

Thanks! I think I painted Helena 10 years ago maybe 15, ugh time flys.  Thanks for the research!

19 hours ago, Nial ap Morai said:

Super fun to paint, all Reaper Paints, the base is Vallejo- Sandy Paste with a Reaper sandy tan base coat and Minotaur hide wash.   The shoulder armor is powderburn brown with powderburn brown+drops of leather brown for highlights.   Really liked the armors color, I have been wanting to use that color.  Really happy with the eyes first mini in about 2 dozen whose eyes don’t looked like the guy was kicked in the side of the head by a horse. Shield looked spiffy too, which is key to any self respecting spartan 

E1AEC211-396D-4CB5-9CE4-A7F414D25943.jpeg

72EB81B0-9F7A-4380-94EA-B9593D8DDE68.jpeg

4C33FDDF-079A-4C5E-92A1-5321BACA5B7B.jpeg

C7AD29B6-F992-4798-B9B3-F65D6750FAF1.jpeg

This is Sparta! Kicking A-holes down wells since 480BC…

• Like 2