Stonehaven Miniatures Gnome Scout and Paladin, sculpted by Mike Evans

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

Lovely work and the bright colors are a good choice!

Thank you Rigel!

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like the brighter colours, good work!

Thanks Glitterwolf, more bright colors to come in the future!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

Great work on these lovely models. I love the red and gold shield, and the yellow / green hair color you went for.

Yeah, I'm actually quite pleased with both hair colors.  And the red and the gold shield worked out pretty nicely as well. With reds, I was  historically kind of stubborn and still wanted at some point to always highlight until white, but somehow this never worked as I wanted it too and after watching a lot of Anne Forester and hearing how she says you don't always want to highlight up to white, I've been trying to not go that high.  Depends on the color but red is one of them where I highlight maximum with some yellow, maybe sun yellow.

• Like 1

Niced pair of lovely little ladies - love the armor and their faces - they look sort of like: "great, another large person underestimating the damage I can deal..."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Niced pair of lovely little ladies - love the armor and their faces - they look sort of like: "great, another large person underestimating the damage I can deal..."

Never underestimate folk who only reach up to your belly button. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the armor and hair on that paladin! Such smooth transition work.

As for the scout, the face is my absolute favorite part. It's got a ton of character.

Very tight detail work on both of these gals as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

I love the armor and hair on that paladin! Such smooth transition work.

As for the scout, the face is my absolute favorite part. It's got a ton of character.

Very tight detail work on both of these gals as well.

Thanks very much Grand Slam,

I don't know if it shows enough with the armor that I have gone all the way up to white.  I think sometimes the settings I use on the photos is a little dark but I probably just haven't found that perfect spot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all you Reaper cats and kittens!

So today a neat little figure, a Halfling Tiefling, from Stonehaven Miniatures, sculpted by their owner, Mike Evans.  This one was released with their Kickstarter a few years back that was mostly dedicated to all sorts of interesting halfling models.

I decided on white hair just to give some nice contrast to the pink skin, and then mostly purples and pinks mixed with reds and oranges.

and then here, just for fun and a size comparison is a Reaper Tiefling I did a little while back, Fillyjonk. I kind of did some similar things colorize, even though Fillyjonk's skin was more reddish to start out with and the little hobbit more pink.  And after having painted both of these, I'm really looking forward to Bob Ridolfi's Kickstarter tieflings! Wondering what other colors I might use with them a year or so from now.

So anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper folks!

Tonight another Stonehaven Miniatures figure, a Gnome Ranger with a crossbow.  A fun and quite petite figure and the funnest part of this was was choosing hair color, hope you guys like him!

Really starting to get into painting Stonehaven, some very fun and expressive figures, full of personality!

• By Rigel
      Butch "Killer" Davis (50094) is a beautiful clean sculpt, good and pulpy without being overdone. He also gave me an excuse to go ahead and complete a boxing/wrestling ring bit of terrain--it had been rattling around in my brain for some years. And now, with a box lid, some nails, some electrical tape, and a few bits of string, the dream has become reality. 

"I've earned my stripes, and the poor fool in the other corner's gonna be seeing stars!" 

I knew sculpting a side of beef ribs would be handy more than once. Good training.

Click for a turnaround with Price the Trainer (originally a Groundskeeper from Artizan; I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this dude)

Price's training style is...eccentric. (Hence the shovel.) Very big on the principle "prepare for everything." As such, he favors outlandish sparring partners with exotic styles.
      "Larry the Leprechaun," a vicious bareknuckle flyweight, for example. What if your opponent is hard to reach and nimble, a.k.a. 'the Oddjob Problem'?

Or what if your opponent uses A CHAIR OH NOOOO! and employs the ropes in bizarre high-flying stunts? It's EL DIABLOOOOOOOOOO! (50035, last seen in the Weird West)

Or how about a taller opponent with a bigger off-limit strike zone?! Think fast, Butch! It's La Mujer Increible! (50212, also seen previously)

Managed that? Good start. Now let's put you up against a challenge. The brutish man-mountain Mister Hyde! (Modified Clay Golem, 02706)! Taller, stronger, bigger, meaner. Good luck!

Oh, these were fun to photograph. 
      Click for extra shots:

The ring itself. In retrospect I should have had the string corners wrapping around the inside of the posts, but eh, not bad for 20 minutes and some junk,

• By Bustawolf
      Long time no post but here's a tiny wizard
    • By Grand Slam
      Just posting some older stuff from years past while I work on a larger product. Definitely not my best work, and definitely not a great mini (there weren't any lips sculpted in...come on!). I do like the way the hair and armor turned out.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)