80038 Bathalian Centurion

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Been doing some butchery, some Frankensteining lately. Particularly for my sci-fi setting. And has it produced results!
      First, the ingredients.
      A while ago, I ordered a Reaper Burrowing Behemoth (44058) and it was a fantastic sculpt. But I got two left feet, to match my own. Customer service quickly replaced it, because Reaper is THE BEST--but now I had some leftover insectile CLAWS!

Then, Nolzur's came out with an Ankheg. Segmented, metameric abdomen, mantid-like foreclaws, two pairs of limbs, shield-like, many-eyed spiky head.

And also with a set of hideous ...Quori? Never heard of, maybe a Pathfinder thing  apparently an Eberron aberration. One of them is a grotesque tailed many-limbed squirmer with big ol' pincers. 

And with an Alhoon with many spell-effect tentacles.

Now, I have a few factions of spacemonsters. One is insectile, and I gave a Burrowing Horror a third set of ankheg limbs to bring us to six total...

...while giving the burly Horror claws to an Umber Hulk:

Now everyone has six limbs and I can rest easy! 
      BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

Another faction is the horrid Crawlers. These I have posted before, and are mostly Bathalians. Shield-like heads, mouth tentacles, squirmy bodies, appendages made to mutilate and maul. 
       The Tsucora Quori are warty and rugose and squirmy and pincered, but lack the characteristic head and tentacles.

But a Chronoscope Hound of Tindalos (50289) has just the right kind of head on a lean and easily repurposed body! A little green stuff to fill in the Quori's unmistakable eyes and nostrils, and a little work with some wire cutters, and behold!

Oh yeah, that's a Bathalian! 

I also snipped some tentacles from the Nolzur's Alhoon to give our Craboid Black Cat Alien (see link to Crawlers, above) the mouth-tendrils it deserves.

Wait, but what of the mutilated Ankheg? 
      Oh, it fits in with the Crawlers just fine now. 

Happy crafting, folks!
    • By stormbreach
      Hello everyone.  I finally got off my lazy butt and stopped staring at my mind flayer Bathalian long enough to paint him.  I had been staring and contemplating for so long that I finally just started slapping paint on him without worrying about how he was going to look in the end.  I think I am more or less happy with the results.  There are some things I don't like but in the end none of that is really important.  What is important is that I have another finished mini.  I put so many layers on the outside of his cloak and it still wasn't enough, the darn green kept overpowering the yellow and drying darker and some of the greens turned out kind of same-y but again, he's done.  And I figured he needed a pet, because no mind flayer Bathalian is complete without his intellect devourer mind eater!  He was super-simple.  A couple inks, a drybrush and a coat of gloss to make the brain look icky.  Not too complicated.  Love to know what everyone thinks, have a great weekend!

• By spitfire23bc
      'Tis the season! I posted this a while ago before is got paint on him. Santac'Laus has featured in the Christmas one-shot games I've run for the last couple of years (and this year is no exception). He's gone from villain to lovable (but weird) friend, who rides a manta-ray-shaped sleigh, pulled by a team of beholders. 

If you're one of my players, please don't read the spoiler!

The hat, sack and present were all made with green stuff. The snow was made with snow powder mixed with water effects. 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Zombies are not the only ones coveting your brains...

Donate YOURS today,
      Kev!
      P.S. Click to zoom
    • By kristof65
      Some of you have probably seen my Tycho AFV for my Nova Corp figures, and the Rottweiler Grav Tank I'm working on for my IMEF figures.  They've been quite fun to create. And now I've been going through my collection of other Reaper Chronoscope figures, and I've realized I've got a few other groups of figures that I could make similar sized units from. If I do that, it would be only fair if I gave them each a vehicle.

Since it will be a little bit before I actually get around to any of these, I thought I would ask you all what sort of look you would envision for vehicles for these various factions:

Cyber-Reavers - Given the Terminator vibe of these minis, I'm thinking something along the lines of the Hunter Killer flying craft from the movies. 

Kulathi - ???

Bathalians -  ???

Blackstar Corsairs - ???. I'm thinking maybe some sort of drop pod or drop ship for them? Or maybe just a bigger walker? 

The Gray Aliens already have a flying saucer, so they're good. 

That's what I have in my collection already (mostly thanks to 3 Bones Kickstarters).  But I went ahead and browsed through the Chronoscope line in the store, and while I don't really see any other groups of minis that are big enough to make complete units, there are a few that were inspiring, should additional minis for them come along:

Illyrians (2 minis) - ??? 

Blood Nebula Mercenary (1 mini) - ???

Alien Overlords (3 minis) - ???

Sligg (3 minis) - ???

There are also enough sci-fi hero types, such as Kirby McDowell Space Privateer and Bonnie Futuristic Heroine, to assemble mercenary like unit. They'll need a vehicle too. 

So let's see your thoughts and ideas. 

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)