Painting During the Pandemic 2022: Jolly June Journey

Join in June’s jolly journey toward more miniature making…

With the historical oddities of our calendar, mid-Year day isn’t until 2 July, but that’s getting close, so it might be time toi think about how the yearly goals are going.

For me, May was a very disrupted month, although I did get a few games in, one Stargrave campaign session, and two sessions kicking off a Rangers of Shadowdeep campiagn, so it wasn’t a total bust.  I didn’t get any work done on the vintage unit I have pulled out, and I have packed them away for a little while, awaiting a visitation by a Muse.

What I think I’m going to do this month is to build on the Rangers of Shadowdeep play.  We’ve been using my portable collection of 1/72 scale figures for that, and I think that I am going to start with getting bvack to that for a little while.  I have plenty of things primed up and ready to go, so I’ll pick a couple of individuals to paint up as a “palette cleanser” (as it were).  Gen Con is also approaching, and I’ve got a few Burrow and Badgers miniatures started, which would allow me to change up my most ill-fated war band before someone else has to use it for the game my brother and I are running.

• Like 8

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In keeping with my annual goals my June goals are:

If it comes this month I plan to paint a Deadpool game token from Marvel United for my niece

I also really need to get started on my entry for Reapercon. The convention is only getting closer

buckyball

Hobby goals for 2022

Painting one piece of terrain each month [ 6 so far]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box and finish the one from last year [ 7 so far]

Painting  one game token each month [ 7 so far]

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [ 6 so far]

Use up my remaining clear acrylic bases, which will give me a reason to order more

• Like 8

Goals for me are

Kick off the French Indian Wars project. I've got rangers, french militia, native Americans. All wintery gear and a mix of Brigade Games and Footsore Miniatures. 

Then I'm going to continue working through Bones 5 Dark Depths and maybe Brinewind, as have been having fun with these. 

There will then be the usual side bars probably involving Stargrave. 

Looking ahead, I have the appetite to sort out one of the army project ideas that have been bubbling over, so will see which ones take hold. 

• Like 6

For June I hope to paint:

• AVG - Bear Vanguard and Skald
  • AG Giant Raven with PYM Skeleton Rider
  • BitetheBullet-Kalista
  • AG-Plague Kobold Queen Istharra
  • AG-Blood Priestess
  • AG-Rakshakin Headhuntress
  • AG-Plague Kobold
  • Like 6

Main goals for this month are relatively simple, but with a focus on finishing off things...

• Finish LAV-III.  Not sure if it needs one more coat of paint, but then after that it's clear coat, waterslides, clear coat, weathering, final clear coat and calling it done!
  • Get the design work for the Zaku 1 Sniper's head sorted out, and everything sanded, then glued together.
  • Finish rearranging schtuff on workbench.
  • Like 7

I'm going to keep slogging along, doing whatever attracts me at the time.  I've been feeling a serious post-pandemic burnout in a lot of areas of my life including painting.  No contests, no deadlines.  It seems to be working for me.  I finished 9 in May.

• Like 8

Most of my goals for the year were to participate in RCL more. I have not done that because I got handed a very large commission. I finished that last month.

This months goals are to:

• Work on Dziewanna bust
  • Work on Bookish Dragon

I don't expect to finish these but that's what I'm going to be working on.

• Like 6

In my case, I fell a little behind as the year progressed. Mostly because of more work obligations and my usual painting evenings being rudely interrupted. But, I can hopefully catch up again!

• Like 5

On 6/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Brianuk said:

French Indian Wars project. I've got rangers, french militia, native Americans. All wintery gear and a mix of Brigade Games and Footsore Miniatures. 

Then I'm going to continue working through Bones 5 Dark Depths and maybe Brinewind, as have been having fun with these. 

There will then be the usual side bars

Nope! I seem to have spent most of the month kitbashing an army for sludge. Am making a goblin redcoat army, so lots of whinging goblins and orcs with muskets and motivated leaders. 

The other project I've picked up is a group from the Footsore Miniatures Welsh Kickstarter. Have got 20 minis and have been blocking in, priming etc in one group. I'll probably break them down into smaller groups when I get into the detailed work. 

• Like 6

On 6/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, aku-chan said:

After May being pretty much a total bust, the only goal I have this month is to actually do some painting.

So far, I'm succeeding at my goal by getting at least a little bit of painting done most days.

Unfortunately, I'm now having a really hard time sticking with anything to completion. I keep starting on a new mini whenever what I'm working on gets a bit hard. 

• Like 4

not a lot of painting so far this month: Only obligations for RCL are keeping me going, basically I went to visit family for the first week of the month, and never got back into the gove.

this is what I am planning:

0 . Finish prep on All Hallows Eve (witch)  - cleaned up mold lines, not yet assembled  -

1.  Theme "Magic inspiration"  - Kid hero - 3/4 done. 

2. RCL Trio - all hallows eve    but if I dont finish it my friends wont get points.

3. Large group figure:   Heavy Battle guard - primed. 

4.  waterlilly elf, 8# of 10  (finish details) 

the only figures I have finished so far are a wolf and a tiny dragon.  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5