JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

Anther round! Also, we really need other quizzers for this!!

THE RULES (as copied from the previous month, with some exceptions):

1. Every day a question will be posted. 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.

(It's more of a guideline really but tradition demands we pretend it's a rule.)

3. Questions show up somewhere before noon mountain standard time aka the "Forgotten Time Zone" 

4. For other quisitors: Should I fail to post a question please wait until after the  noon window to post a backstop question. 

5. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Please send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 

6. You do not have to answer every question to play. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or give a terse, concise mysterious answer. 

June 1st Question of the Day:

So currently in my Weds night FLGS D&D game, I'm using yuan-ti of various types. A popular D&D creature but one I've never really used before in all the years of D&D gaming. Is there one creature, you've never used before while DM/GMing a game. If not a gamer, how about a miniature type, one you've never painted before say goblins or dragons, etc etc.

• Like 7

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Is there one creature, you've never used before while DM/GMing a game?

There are many more than one that I have never used. 

>> opens Monster Manual <<

Arrial Servant, Annkheg, Axe Beak… all the dinosaurs in the D section except the T-Rex. 

Nixies… Perytons… Sylphs…

I could make a huge random encounter list out of all the monsters I have never used. 

June 1st Alt Question of the Day:

If not a gamer, how about a miniature type, one you've never painted before? 

Hydra. I have not ever painted a Hydra. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, haldir said:

So currently in my Weds night FLGS D&D game, I'm using yuan-ti of various types. A popular D&D creature but one I've never really used before in all the years of D&D gaming. Is there one creature, you've never used before while DM/GMing a game. If not a gamer, how about a miniature type, one you've never painted before say goblins or dragons, etc etc.

Hmmm, come to think of it I never painted a Halfling.

I'm more into painting the evil races, I have painted Elves/Dwarfs and Humans to counter those, but never a Halfling.

Not even an Undead one....

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, haldir said:

There are tons of monsters I've never used when running a game.  I tend to keep to ones I know, or variants there of.  But then you flip through and there are all these other ones that I'd need to figure out how to fit in, so I go back to what I know.

I have run Yuan-ti though, although I expect that was a canned module.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, haldir said:

So currently in my Weds night FLGS D&D game, I'm using yuan-ti of various types. A popular D&D creature but one I've never really used before in all the years of D&D gaming. Is there one creature, you've never used before while DM/GMing a game.

Have not used any Fey that I am able to recall, but it's been a few years since I've DM'd.

• Like 9

une 1st Question of the Day:

Tons of creatures I've never used as a DM as my games never progressed past 3-5 level due to life happening. But in that level range, I've never used kobolds, I always seem to stick with goblins.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Sadly, the majority of my painted figures have never seen the table.  Orcs and undead are getting a good run this spring, and I'm struggling to remember what has been used in the past, because of the last 2 years of virtual gaming. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Flumps.  Sorry Pez, but they are not good RPG material.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Is there one creature, you've never used before while DM/GMing a game?

Lots, as I have only recently begun playing RPGs on a regular basis.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, haldir said:

...........Flumphs?

image.png.e1383eb35feda6f12681311f0a2706a8.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, haldir said:

There's probably lots of things I haven't painted, but nothing really springs to mind.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, haldir said:

well of the ones I like, I've never actually used a dragon that was fightable. 

admittedly I've also never run D&D, but starfinder is close, as is gamaworld, and shadow run has some monster overlap

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 10

19 hours ago, haldir said:

There are quite a lot of creatures that I have never used or painted. The one that I would most like to paint & have awaiting attention is the Jabberwocky.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, haldir said:

I've never used a vampire in a game. Got quite a few of them painted though. Conversely, I've never painted any were-gators or gatormen, though they have occasionally turned up in my games.

• Like 9