JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

haldir

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?

If 10 is the strictest then my folks probably started off at an 11. I think they were worried my sister and I would repeat some of the mistakes they made in their youth (and a bunch they made as adults). But by the time I graduated high school they were likely somewhere around a 1. We were persistent in our misbehaving and it wore them down in the end. Also, it helped we both had jobs and paid for our own cars before leaving home. Kind of hard to be super strict in that situation. 

• Like 9

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

If 1 is not strict and 10 is the Catholic Church, I’d say around 5. My parents engaged in what is called “free range parenting” nowadays, but in the 80s it was just parenting. We had rules, if we followed them, things were good, if we didn’t, they came up with creative punishments. Like the time I drew something on a shelf in permanent marker and had to sand it off.

I think my parents were more concerned that we grow up to be decent people, than they were concerned about us growing up to be obedient.

• Like 10

On 6/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, haldir said:

June 9th QotD:

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

You would know if you woke up one day and noticed you now live under the rule of Emperor Glith Er Wulf...

4 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

Strict enough that I turned out well without getting into too much trouble, easy enough to let me have fun.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

They weren't very. They gave me room to make mistakes and decisions. I do remember being grounded quite a bit but I never saw that as strict in retrospect. So I'd just put it in the middle at a 5.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

By today's standards, pretty far off the scale.  At the time, it varied depending on the age and activity, but about average I'd say. 

^^^^^^^^^^

What she said!:;,;:

• Like 6

22 hours ago, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

Probably in the 3-5 range. See below.

18 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I think my parents were more concerned that we grow up to be decent people, than they were concerned about us growing up to be obedient.

Pretty much this.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

What would you do if you were invisible for a day?

I'd make sure I had a concrete alibi, and somehow witnesses too.  As to any shenanigans I'd get up to, ohh I'm not saying whatsoever.  All I know is I'd probably be watching soooo many around @Glitterwolf wonder why the place is steadily getting more and more coated in glitter from sources unknown...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

That might lead to some powerful/evil people winding up dead under mysterious circumstances.

I won't say who because that would be political, let's just say the World might be a little safer without those.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

Invisibility is pretty far down on my list of desired superpowers. Though the question becomes what causes that invisibility? Is it like Translucent from The Boys, whose carbon metamaterial skin bends light and also makes him bulletproof? Because then I could see myself teaming up with @Glitterwolf.

But if it's just like being unseen like the Invisible Man (or the Invisible Swordsman from The Three Amigos), I'll pass. I almost get hit accidentally by people now when I am visible.

• Like 7