JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

5 hours ago, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

Weather: It's pouring down rain here & in the forecast, t-storms later today.

How's your weather today & are you holding up?

97 F here right now with a Heat Index of 111. Thank God for AC.

@Glitterwolf Praying for Marja and you guys here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

It's been threatening to rain all day. I don't think we've gotten any yet though. I'm holding up as well as I can.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

Was supposed to rain, about 73 F...

Hasn't yet....

Doing well 

shopping for home improvement stuff hades....

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

@Glitterwolf Praying for Marja and you guys here.

^^^^^^^

Amen!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?

12 for me 3 for my brother who is 4 years younger.  My sisters are in the middle.

9 hours ago, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

It is nice.  It rained at Origins but cleared for the drive back and stayed clear, Nothing to hold up to.

• Like 7

On 6/11/2022 at 11:19 AM, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

What would you do if you were invisible for a day?

I’ve not been seen by anyone for at least the last 48 hours. I am invisible:mellow: I haven’t done anything different. 

12 hours ago, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

Roasty-Toasty. ::o: Staying indoors where it is cooler and I’m invisible

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Currently sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

That's exactly the weather we had in the village on Saturday! It was the 101th anniversary of the founding of my hometown and there was a parade. It was the longest (in terms of length and time) the village has ever had. I was told it was an hour and a half long. The kids' bag looks like after Halloween. No Martin Shelds moustache frisbees, though. (Our MLA is famous for his handlebar moustache. Next time I write him I'm going to ask if he signs his letters with a moustache. Maybe he will, just for me.)

I was digging through the freezer for ice cream tonight when I heard a pop, saw a flash and there was a huge boom! at the farm. There was some screaming involved. We don't know where it hit, possibly the sea can at the end of the driveway. We also had lightning roll through this morning, we could see it under the overhead door that we had partially open.   

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So it rained the entire day today. I think maybe it stopped long enough for us to go into Wallyworld, get our groceries & when we came out, it started up again (tbh, it never really stopped, just dribbled). Later in the evening it downright poured, like someone turned on the flood gates & we had enough water for it to come rushing out. I think we got more rain today then we did for Winter's half of 2021. Crazy weather pattern, that's for sure. Looking at the forecast it appears we'll be in the 70s-80s till around Thursday then shoot up to the around 90, but then afterwards it drops back down in the 80s. As long as it doesn't rain, I can handle those temps. Since I do wanna spray primer coats on RCon minis this week, hopefully that forecast holds.

Sad part about today thou is the city's water park aka splash pad was going at full blast this afternoon when we drove past it. No one there & it was pouring down rain,,...W.T. *!!??

3 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

That's exactly the weather we had in the village on Saturday! It was the 101th anniversary of the founding of my hometown and there was a parade. It was the longest (in terms of length and time) the village has ever had. I was told it was an hour and a half long. The kids' bag looks like after Halloween. No Martin Shelds moustache frisbees, though. (Our MLA is famous for his handlebar moustache. Next time I write him I'm going to ask if he signs his letters with a moustache. Maybe he will, just for me.)

I was digging through the freezer for ice cream tonight when I heard a pop, saw a flash and there was a huge boom! at the farm. There was some screaming involved. We don't know where it hit, possibly the sea can at the end of the driveway. We also had lightning roll through this morning, we could see it under the overhead door that we had partially open.   

What was the cause? Fireworks? Weather?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, haldir said:

the city's water park aka splash pad was going at full blast this afternoon when we drove past it. No one there & it was pouring down rain,,...W.T.

Timers 

…are everything. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

Who or what has changed your life?

A number of things over the years probably have had an effect, but I'd argue the two most prominent ones were the two teachers that saw passion if it caught my interest and let me loose in class back in the day. 

Funny how once you get to choose the topic you go from bottom 20% of the English class to the very top, and how in band my teacher wound up giving me several challenges as I went through the years.  Making a provincial examiner constantly look at my section because he was hearing five timpani and had to keep checking that we indeed only had four, or the Oboe.  Man I can't wait until we have a house so I can buy one and play one again, I greatly miss that instrument.  That and the flute... 

Edit: or one could say music arguably changed my life 😛

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

On 6/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, haldir said:

June 10th QotD:

On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?

I'm not quite sure how I'd rate them. Strict but fair. So...7? Not quite helicopter parents, but they did keep a close eye on our development.

If me, my brother and sister all grew up to be "normal decent" citizens; open minded; accepting of differences; no hate towards our fellow human beings (though lots of frustrations); none of us are smokers/substance abusers/heavy drinkers, etc. In addition to having several university degrees (engineering; bio-agronomy; MBA; masters in nursing). Then they did a good job.

They taught us to take responsibility for our actions. So we *were* allowed to have house parties (it's how my sister met her husband, 20+ years and counting), but there had better not be a trace of shenanigans upon our parents return. They trusted us enough to know we could go out and get drunk and not get into trouble (no fights, no driving, call a taxi).

On 6/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

What would you do if you were invisible for a day?

Knowing me, I'd experiment things.

• What happens if I drink/eat this?
  • What happens if I pour something over me?
  • What happens if I wander through smoke?
  • If I clip my nails, do they become visible?
  • Do I have a shadow in full daylight?
  • Do I need sunscreen?
  • I need to pee... This is gonna get messy.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

The weather started nice on Saturday, then it gradually got worse. Mostly clouds and rain. Not the nicest June.

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

I'll tell you when it happens.

Sure, on a technological level, the internet revolutionized the world, but I'm on it enjoying the ride (with a few places making me sick) like everyone else.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

2 things: 1. my personal spiritual life and Salvation, 2. The wonderful lady God gave me in my life. 38th Anniversary this month.

• Like 6