JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, haldir said:

June 11th QotD:

What would you do if you were invisible for a day?

Hide from my kid and take an epic nap!

On 6/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, haldir said:

June 12th QotD:

Weather: It's pouring down rain here & in the forecast, t-storms later today.

How's your weather today & are you holding up?

On Sunday it was warm and partly cloudy most of the day. In the evening we had a deluge and thunder storms for like, 20 minutes, then cloudy until the morning.

7 hours ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

Who or what has changed your life?

That’s remarkably vague. Things change all the time, nothing has been static. It started with my parents, who are responsible for most of the changes in my early life. I suppose my grandparents get credit for various changes, my aunt who made me want to have long “princess hair”, my uncle who had a scary dog and seemed to enjoy my fear, teachers who encouraged me to learn, teachers who made me feel stupid and worthless, kids who ostracized me, friends who made me feel like it was okay to be myself, boyfriends who made me realize my worth, my husband who gave me so much more confidence, and my daughter who’s made me sleep deprived. 

And of course, myself. For deciding who I want to be and making the changes to achieve that.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

I would say may parents first,

The Time spent in the military next...

And the guy in High School that introduced me to this thing called AD&D....

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

I really can't blame anyone or anything. I managed to screw it up all by myself.

Mal is reading my mind (so called) again....:devil:

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, haldir said:

June 13th QotD:

There were several persons of interest that changed my life, sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way.

It's an ongoing process called life.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

In your humble opinion, what is the worst color that was ever invented?

Octarine, The Color of Magic, is the best. Obviously. 

Will have to think on it a bit for …worst. 

(This could take all day.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

Feldgrau (field grey). It is a really bland depressing color that was the main shade of WWI German uniforms.

Going by the description (grey) & being a bit color blind, one of my wargames acquaintances painted up his baggage train horses in feldgrau with black manes & tails. They became known as The Green Bay Packers,

33 minutes ago, TGP said:

Octarine, The Color of Magic, is the best. Obviously. 

Will have to think on it a bit for …worst. 

(This could take all day.)

Octarine is the first color that popped into my mind also. We think alike. You're still young. If you seek help now, you could be saved.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

The absolute worst colour?  While there are many that aren't me, I don't really hold anything against any Particular colour. 

Now, if we were to comment on the fool that replaced one of the lights in my work truck with a 7000k LED strip, I could go on for a while.  What fool replaces medium quality CRI neutral lighting with a purple-blue light strip? 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

Most colours in the dark greys, be it military or industrial shades of greys, are just... sad.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Most colours in the dark greys, be it military or industrial shades of greys, are just... sad.

See now I love the dark greys, then again I prefer darker colors to brighter ones (saying this as I wear a solid bright pink t-shirt right now....)

Like @TGP I'm gonna have to think about this one as well. I think most colors have a place, but there are some that are out there, so who knows.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

I think most colors have a place, 

Agreed.  

My "least favorite" color has long been orange, likely due to the fact that I grew up in a house that my mom decorated in the early 70s with a lot of oranges and browns*.  Don't mind oranges and browns in nature, but for anything else my reaction is "blech".  Funny thing is that I've fallen in love with the Reaper MSP various Red, Yellow and Orange triads, and have been using orange on a lot of minis, because I can make it look good, even though I'm not a fan of the shade. 

*an amusing side note:  My daughter recently informed us her favorite color is tan, and that's what she wants to paint her room.  This is probably because our house is  mostly decorated in blues, yellows and purples. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

Never been a fan of artificial intense pink, you know, the one they make girls toys out of. 

• Like 7