JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.c7a62c61d859dee2f16749c08c3863b8.png

Not yellow enough.  That baby is healthy.

39 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

What type of cuisine would you serve your customers if you own a five-star restaurant?

Good food of course!  Otherwise, I would not have 5 stars.  BBQ with sauce would be my style.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

What type of cuisine would you serve your customers if you own a five-star restaurant?

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Put "artisan" or "gourmet" in front of it and they'll rave about it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

I don't think I'd ever own a five star restaurant because a lot of places I've seen that rate five stars are as focused on the ambiance and presentation as much as the food. And that's not really something I'm any good at. I could probably do a three star restaurant with poor lighting, grumpy waiters, and great food though.

Regardless, the cuisine would just be a mix of basic dishes prepared correctly with the best quality ingredients and paired with appropriate sides and libations. No gimmicks like gold leaf ice cream or imported beef that was massaged by a team of handlers every day. That's all just silliness that doesn't improve the taste of anything. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

Ooohhh... Hard choices!!!

I love Greek and Turkish food but also Asian ( Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, so much to choose from!), maybe Tex Mex or Italian?

Oh oh...what will it be...I can't choose...

So..it will be Mediterranean/Asian/Mexican Fusion!!! Yeah..that's it..!!!

Wait I forgot the BBQ...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

a cheese steak. fries or onion rings $19000.

because if you have money to throw away on a five star, you should probably be parted from it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

This is really hard. I have always had a knack for cooking Italian food but I'd probably do some sort of Mediterranean something leaning towards Greek.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

American.  Burgers and fries, steaks, fried chicken, bbq, etc. 

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Put "artisan" or "gourmet" in front of it and they'll rave about it.

Don't forget the odd ingredients.  It'll need to be free range wasabi nut butter and quince jelly on gluten free organic hand made spelt brioche. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

Whatever you choose, make sure you do a good job, that way, MY customers will be satisfied. :devil:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 6/14/2022 at 9:23 AM, haldir said:

June 14th QotD:

In your humble opinion, what is the worst color that was ever invented?

Grunge green. No car should ever be painted this colour. 

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

O'Malley's Genuine Chinese Buffet & Taco Emporium!

Do they serve Wong's Scottish Meat Pies?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, haldir said:

June 15th QotD:

Barbecue 

But to be five star I would also need to own a ranch to supply the beef—all grass fed etc. 

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Stealing this idea for my Kid’s Menu. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Grunge green. No car should ever be painted this colour. 

Is that like the Quick Drying Green Rustolium? My Sister's husband had a 54 Ford he painted that color when they were dating.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

O'Malley's Genuine Chinese Buffet & Taco Emporium!

The next town over from me, Rocky Point, has the long standing, possibly eternal Harry's Bar & Grill AND Chinese Restaurant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6