JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

47 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 17th QotD:

What's your favorite kind of sandwich?

Right now I could go for a spicy Italian sub, the messier the better. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

Oh boy, do I miss sandwiches. Gluten free bread is terrible. It's expensive and not having gluten makes it super crumbly. For some reason, manufacturers keep putting things like grape juice and sweet rice flour in it. WTF? Bread is not supposed to taste sweet. (There are exceptions, like brioche.) I used to really like foccasia bread. Only it was robust enough for my sandwiches! 

I do like GF bagels, and the buns aren't horrible if you toast them. I make tuna buns, which are topped with cheese and baked in the oven. We also have bagels with La Vache Qui Rite cheese and smoked salmon and alfalfa sprouts. Sprouts totally elevate store-bought sushi, it's like gaining enough XP to level up and multiclass. I tend to eat a lot of store-bought sushi because I can't eat sandwiches. Try finding a sushi restaurant in small town prairie Canada and you'll see what I mean. Sprouts are also great in your buddha bowl or homemade Vietnamese noodles. We grow them in the winter when we aren't guaranteed a weekly trip to the food store.   

• Like 7

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

Whatever the Sandwich Project has up for grabs as their feature is almost always absolutely delicious....

20220509_114321.thumb.jpg.b6572422e8b1d4ca893a4a8399bd10c1.jpg

20220509_114541.thumb.jpg.f61902c353b80050cb466d7d7db27d48.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

The my child-like self goes for pb&j (crunchy pb and grape j) or a double stack of pb and Nutella on one layer, then pb and marshmellow creme for the second layer. The latter usually has me bouncing off the walls. Regular pb&j is easier on the digestion, so it's my go-to for work lunches as it isn't always easy to get off the assembly line for an emergency potty break if we are short-staffed (which we always seem to be).

My adult self likes a salami sandwich, with hummus spread on on the bread, some American cheese and tomato sliced thin.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

A bacon, black pudding and egg butty is a great way to start a day! But on the whole, I just kinda make them with what's on hand.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

I rarely eat them, but a really good Cuban, especially if the whole thing is toasted a bit and a little sloppy, is really great and one of my favorites. 

• Like 9

19 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

Since going gluten and dairy free I don't eat sandwiches

Gluten free bread is mostly terrible, home made stuff is usually better (and the sweet white rice flour is added to try and get the bread to be less crumbly and less rubbery - most of the GF bread here is rubbery rather than crumbly)

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

OH BUT I LOVE THEM ALL...mostly! Yesterday we hit Se-Port Deli; I got a grilled cheddar, bacon, & tomato on toasted rye...OH JOY & RAPTURE!

• Like 11

On 6/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

Lately it has been burgers:

AA86F90B-6377-4F00-AAD6-6E16757ECEA5.jpeg

04C7AADD-F333-41B9-AF2A-F6E87EC47666.jpeg

9A0EA6D8-E0C4-4FAF-8B5E-6CB9EDE97749.jpeg

8C19109B-6B27-41BB-8101-12F9360D4540.jpeg

But if somebody else is making the sandwich then it is a cheesesteak sandwich. This one:

image.jpeg.19650c023a2800deb297ae3e1984ae0e.jpeg
No American Cheese or Kraft cheese anywhere to be seen on this sandwich. Grass fed beef smoked by the owner of the restaurant that makes this sandwich. And this is nowhere near Philly. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8

June 19th QotD:

Got lost on time, watching a bad movie (Shrek Forever After).... When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

(also Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there in the world & Happy Juneteenth as well.)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

I don’t remember. 

I have my phone with me all the time, it serves as a pocket watch, that also knows what day it is, so if am I am conscious I know what time it is. 

Asleep is another story. Last Friday(?) I woke up, I wasn’t sure what time/day it was…

…but then I looked at the phone and got it sorted. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

Got lost on time, watching a bad movie (Shrek Forever After).... When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

(also Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there in the world & Happy Juneteenth as well.)

Lately, nearly every day.  How did it get to be that late already?  I have too much to do and not enough energy to get it done in the time allocated.  The hours between 2pm and 5pm seem to be a black hole from which nothing escapes. 

• Like 7