JUNE: Getting to know you more!!

52 minutes ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

Got lost on time, watching a bad movie (Shrek Forever After).... When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

(also Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there in the world & Happy Juneteenth as well.)

Don't remember. I'm generally very aware of the time and lately don't have a long attention span for anything. I bounce from project to project with my hobbies and topic to topic when killing time online. It's been ages since I really got absorbed in anything.

• Like 6

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

Got lost on time, watching a bad movie (Shrek Forever After).... When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

It all depends on what I'm up to, and how into I get into something.  Generally though, going into it I have an idea I'm about to magically teleport a few hours into the future, but I don't really pay much attention to when they happen, as I just enjoy the moment. 

• Like 6

On 6/18/2022 at 11:26 AM, haldir said:

June 18th QotD:

What's your favorite kind of sandwich?

With so many combinations, I don't think I can settle on one.

By coincidence, we had a charity boat race yesterday, and I discovered that I wasn't crazy for the vegetarian option sandwich the caterer made. Maybe if it had a decent condiment sauce with it, but that one tasted very bland.

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

If it involves YouTube and the many channels I follow, it's a regular thing. My evenings go by fast.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

(also Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there in the world & Happy Juneteenth as well.)

I was busy closing my eyes last night, then before I knew it, it was suddenly morning.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

A couple of weeks ago, drinking coffee on a balcony, looking out at the ocean.

• Like 8

June 19th QotD:

All the time!

Many an evening seems to disappear while I'm faffing about on the Internet.

• Like 7

June 19th QotD:

Got lost on time... When was the last time you "lost time" doing something?

It used to be daily at the worst time: driving. Exhaustion/lack of sleep will do that to you. Nowadays, it still happens daily, but typically because I haven't had enough caffeine/sugar to jump-start my system. And no, it no longer happens while driving, thankfully. Just in the hours before work.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

Last Thursday when I was to grill a Cedar Plank Samon with Garlic Onion Rub.  I was watching something on TV and lost track of time to soak the Cedar Plank.

• Like 7

June 19th QotD:

I don't now, what year is it?::P:

A few days ago at work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

June 19th QotD:

Not sure.  I lose time to an extent when I paint or back when I used to play more games and such, but it's so easy to just look at the time that I rarely get too far out of it.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

Pretty much every day...

Home from work, work around the house til dark or near, and realize I need to eat, take my meds, maybe get to hobby before bed....

Like tonight, except work was all at home....:devil:

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, haldir said:

June 19th QotD:

This happens frequently when I paint 45min-2 hrs can vanish in an instant.  but I havent gone this deep in a week or two.
this morning I went for a 4 mile run, while listening to a Critical Role episode.
4 miles is my fav distance, neither too hard or too easy for me.  - 14:07 per mile today. 

- I have a few scattered memories of the run, mostly I have visual memories of the D&D game world  being described instead. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6