Wild West Wizard Of Oz Wicked Witch 80060 and Nephal Shadow Prince Demon 03086 (aka Tasha and Graz'zt)

Vytau

Hoping everyone likes my interpretation of D&D's most infamous power couple - Tasha and Graz'zt! 

Please take my word for it; they both look much better in person.  Quick snaps with my mediocre phone camera don't allow for much subtlety in color.  That gleam / shine is from the sealant I put on...should probably have taken pics before, but I didn't. 

Nephal / Graz'zt is all reaper paints: dark skin triad, oranges, warm greens triad, steel triad.  

• All the existing art of Graz'zt, along with a lot of descriptions, describe him as black on black all black everything blackety blackness from the black...feels like someone is afraid of a color wheel. I gave him an orange wrap and green sash, so now he has a sort of Caribbean vibe. 
  • Feel the heat of the islands as you corrupt the souls of the damned. 

Wicked Witch / Tasha is also all reaper paints (twilight blue, ashen blue, a fortuitously gray-blue sample) except for the leather, which is my craft paint recipe. 

• Not a lot of Tasha art out there...a few pieces which don't do much to provide an iconic look aside from the tattoo on her cheek.  Depictions of Tasha, like a lot of what I see anymore, is filtered and muted and blurred and...I don't know the terminology, but whatever it is, it's that look of monochromatic washed-out sameness that makes it hard to say what color anything actually is half the time.  
  • Color is based on Ginny Di's excellent cosplay: https://twitter.com/itsginnydi/status/1323340348924547072
  • The right hand is a nightmare.  I was going to simply snip and reverse the hand that was on the model, but I cut it off and then promptly lost it.  Had to sculpt one from scratch which is NOT something I'm very good at.  TBH that hand is like 75% paint...
  • Tasha's grimoire is from the old Mordheim sprue.  

20220603_100517.jpg

20220603_100550.jpg

20220603_100601.jpg

• Like 22

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graz'zt came out great. You've managed to keep things nice and dark, while still adding dimension in the skin (the pops of color on the clothing are also a good addition).

I like what you did with Tasha, too. The blue highlights look pretty good. Sounds like she was a pain, but it was worth it.

• Like 3

@Grand Slam Thank you - you're too kind!  Tasha was a real mixed bag...obviously the conversion work was a hassle, but I also have a gripe or two about how her head came out, and not just my paint work.  Mold lines were moderate, which was a *thing* but she's also got kind of a strange head-to-neck ratio...could be a casting / mold issue.  I may go back and increase the contrast on her face to give it more definition but for right now I'm kind of like "cool - done" lol. 

• Like 2