SPACEFUTURE: CP's Alien Sensei as Martian Anchorite

All Martians have psionic powers to some extent, for telepathic communication at the very least. A few possess talents far beyond the Martian norm. Undisciplined use of these powers could cause disruptions to the usually orderly Martian society, but a species learns a thing or two over the course of a million years. A rigorous program of focus, meditation, and training out in the Crystal Wastes will hone those wild talents to a suite of keen, well-directed tools. 

DSCN0685.thumb.JPG.bd44af1b1e977a13120f0b90de128a8b.JPG

This fellow, from CP Miniatures (Sci-fi, Non-Commissioned, Alien Sensei) is one such psionic anchorite, learning proper and responsible use of telekinesis, remote viewing, illusion, and mental manipulation. 

DSCN0686.thumb.JPG.6aae7761a8f9ba6674d4ef412c94b73c.JPG

Please do not call them a "space wizard" even though it seems quite accurate by Earth standards; the Martian academicians insist it is very different altogether from space wizardry and very disrespectful to confuse the two. 

DSCN0687.thumb.JPG.7dfaa722900758c25e81950670516669.JPG

DSCN0692.thumb.JPG.cadd9dc7f2e84b72a45008bc20684704.JPG

The nuances of the distinction are lost on Earthlings, but then so very few of us have psionic talent in the first place.

Here's the Anchorite with a few other Martians, including 50197, whose paintjob got a touch-up. 

DSCN0693.thumb.JPG.75982c33873454de799a9451547f8e1b.JPG

Keep watching the skies, cadets! 

• Like 21

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all!

On 6/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, Iridil said:

Love those colors, and the freehand. Great crystals too! And, as usually, your backstory is a pleasure!

On 6/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, Samedi said:

Great job! Are the blue crystals from last year's virtual expo?

I appreciate it! The little crystals are from a Mantic TerrainCrate with a mining theme; the big blue crystals are Reaper's Wall of Ice with just a little bit of paint. I found this one at my FLGS but they seem like great scatter for an expo to hand out! 
Making up backstory is fun for me too and saves me time at the table as well!

1 hour ago, Poilu_1914 said:

Great alien grouping!

Thanks! The little fellow with the helmet is also from CP, one of their Greys. The Overlord is, of course, Reaper, and the tiny walleyed scout is from Zombiesmith. The fellow with the raygun is a Zenithian from Hydra. I love combining different lines into a unified faction!

On 6/10/2022 at 2:58 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Marvellous!

Wait did someone make me say that?

Thank you! I'm sure it was genuine; Martian etiquette would never stoop to mind control. Well, almost never. Rarely. Not to another Martian at any rate. Only in dire circumstances. Anyway, it can't be proven. 😉👽

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Grand Slam said:

The subtle shades of green on the skin look very nice...and I'm quite impressed by the robe. Lovely idea that was executed to perfection. It really seems like something a Martian would wear.

Thank you! I tried to take inspiration from crop circles for the robe patterns. It's a great sculpt that makes the painting easy, as well!