Sushanthe as a Dargonesti Elf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Well done! That skin looks as if it is underwater.... 

Thanks! I'd debated doing the bit with the uneven highlights, like on the dolphin, but she was coming out really well without (I've got two other sea elves to do, one will be the lighter blue like the one pictured).

PXL_20220605_030214854.jpg

• Like 6

Good work!  The skin and hair colors evoke the ocean depths and seaweed.

There's some extra texture sculpted onto some strands of hair above her ears, where it would be possible to add highlights or even dabs of contrasting color as if they were beads.

I didn't bother with trimming mold-lines until many years into my painting career, but now I do.  That pronounced mold-line on her left hip might be a result of the mold being old and the two halves shifting more than they did when the mold was new.

Looking forward to your next share.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dks said:

Good work!  The skin and hair colors evoke the ocean depths and seaweed.

There's some extra texture sculpted onto some strands of hair above her ears, where it would be possible to add highlights or even dabs of contrasting color as if they were beads.

I didn't bother with trimming mold-lines until many years into my painting career, but now I do.  That pronounced mold-line on her left hip might be a result of the mold being old and the two halves shifting more than they did when the mold was new.

Looking forward to your next share.

Shoot, totally missed those in her hair. I may need to go back and add a bit there. The mold lines on her were pretty bad, if I wasn't going to manage to clean up the hip I needed to work it in somehow. I've got at least one guy with a "dueling scar" because of bad mold lines in a place I couldn't clean it.

She's a marvelous sculpt. I really like the mood of her and the gentle float she's got going on.