Sign in to follow this  
Mclimbin

Help with avatars

Hi,

I've been trying to upload an avatar, but have been having trouble getting the image to be at 4k or smaller. I am using Adobe Photoshop but the only way I can figure out to make the image size smaller is to make the image smaller. By the time it gets to 4k, the avatar itself is only about 1/4 the size of the other avatars.

Oh, one more thing: when I saved the image I was able to choose the quality of the image. I chose the lowest quality but still have the same problem...

How did you guys get your avatar to be small enough to be under 4k but large enough to see?

Thanks for your help!

mc

Hi,

I've been trying to upload an avatar, but have been having trouble getting the image to be at 4k or smaller. I am using Adobe Photoshop but the only way I can figure out to make the image size smaller is to make the image smaller. By the time it gets to 4k, the avatar itself is only about 1/4 the size of the other avatars.

Oh, one more thing: when I saved the image I was able to choose the quality of the image. I chose the lowest quality but still have the same problem...

How did you guys get your avatar to be small enough to be under 4k but large enough to see?

Thanks for your help!

mc

When I do an avatar I size it by pixels (64x64 here I think), then I use the "save for web" option down from "save" and "save as." It'll give you some options, pick the one that fits your needs the best. :;):^_^

Actually, photoshop doesn't compress images very well.

If you want to send the image to me, I should be able to get it down to an acceptable file size.

If you "Save For Web" as a gif, you really should have no problem hitting the 4k mark. A 64 gif at that size should only really hit about 3-3.5k.

Are you trying to use an animated gif?

Edited:

I can't seem to get the "save for web" option. When I use "save as" it is not on the menu...am I missing something?

I also don't see an option to save as a gif....feeling kinda dumb right now...

Can we even use gifs? I thought only jpg and jpegs.

mc

Heck I just sent mine to Webgod Kit & wahlah, perfect pic (my work was really nasty, Craig's head looked like it should have a 600 lbs weight on his head, ie Looney Toones)

Randy M

I may be wrong but I believe the save for web option in photoshop is not in versions before 7. It's not an option under "save as" it is a selection all it's own under file.

If you like, you can still shoot your images to me, and I'll squish them as time permits.

kit